Adams Blue Range

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apologies for the length of this post but having now received my shiny new Adams Blue Range clubs and played a couple of rounds, I now feel in a position to post some detailed comments.
First off should point out that I was a little nervous trying these clubs. For a start, as a 15 handicapper I really was not sure that this level of Game Improver club was the right direction to be going in. What swayed me was that I do not practice much (if at all) and get maybe one or two rounds a week. This has seen my handicap climb over the last year and so I decided that perhaps I needed all the help I could get. I was also in 2 minds about the non-fitted route that Adams had gone down. Pretty much all of my clubs have been fitted and I was not sure that off the shelf would be right for me.
Anyway, I was wrong.
Let me start with the hybrids as this was the first club I used off the first tee. They are incredibly long. My Orka hybrids were my favourite clubs in my bag and I really thought these would be hard pressed to beat them but they are maybe 10 yards or more longer. I cut the corner over the trees on our first hole with a 3 hybrid and that would normally take a well struck 3 wood to do. They travel high and carry long but land like a butterfly with sore feet. This is great for me as I am not the longest off the tee and am often playing hybrids into greens. These stop, others I have had would fly through.
The irons, I admit, are a bit on the chunky side but what did I expect. That said, they are so easy to hit it is almost cheating. The first iron I played on the first hole did not come out the middle of the club, I knew it was left and was prepared for a trip to the deep stuff (low sun meant I did not see it land). I was very surprised to find it maybe 5 yards left of the green and pin high. You can guess that these are not the clubs for you if you want to shape shots but, then again, if you can do that then you are probably not looking at GI clubs in any event. The irons shots after that were all very sweet, probably a club longer than my old set and very straight. My main problem at the moment is that I have a tendency to aim left due to my old fade/slice but that has not gone and I am having to teach myself to aim at the target, that feels odd.
The driver took a little more adjustment. Because of the design and model of Cleveland I used before, I was used to teeing it up quite high but this works better a bit lower, pink castle tee height in fact. Once I had that sorted it was all systems go and I was hitting some great shots. My measured average was around the 235 mark over 2 rounds which is probably 20 yards more than I was achieving before. I am certainly not the short man in our group like I used to be.
The clubs in themselves look great. The driver and hybrids have a really nice blue finish, similar to the one I liked so much in my old Mizuno JPX 800 driver. The irons are not unattractive either if you do not mind the GI looks (which I do not).
I really hope that this range is a big hit for Adams. They have done something different and I really think that they have succeeded. I had a big smile on my face for most of the 2 rounds that I have played so far despite poor scoring due to some awful putting and a pretty suspect short game performance. The first 9 holes I played were with to lads I had never met before from the local infantry regiment and both were so impressed with the way I was hitting them they both wanted a try and were sorely tempted to change (one from a nice set of Ping G30s). The aim of the range is to make golf simple and fun for those of us who do not want to obsess over every detail and for those who do not have the time or inclination to pounds balls on the range or spend hours warming up for a round. You may say they are aimed at the casual golfer but I think it is more than that, I think it is a great range for the average golfer who simply cannot or will not devote as much time to their game as they may like or those who, like me as well, are simply not endowed with an abundance of natural talent.
So, GM and Adams, thanks for a great day, thanks for a stunning set of clubs and thanks more than anything for putting the smile back on my face when I am out on the course.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Great write-up! Pleased to hear they work as well as intended. Plaudits to all concerned!

Hope the Red range works just as well.

Still have a few doubts/worries about what TM have in store for Adams as a brand - I like their 'finer' range, but have always stated (about hybrids) that there's an Adams to suit every need! But this range looks like it hits the target so far!