Mizuno JPX850 first "official" pictures

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since I bought my JPX825 Pro irons, I've been hoping that Mizuno would bring out a new driver and this fits the bill. Next year when it launches is around my birthday, so I'll be saving from now till then. I really hope that it performs (in my hands) as good as it looks.

Though Titleist have their new 915 range out as well, fairly soon, so I could be torn, but I really would like an all Mizuno bag.

SteveBonners

Assistant Pro
Visit site
bloody Feb, i can't wait that long!

the driver looks very nice, wonder what shaft options they will have?

This seems to be the way with Mizuno driver releases. The EZ was announced late in the summer of 2013, but was not released in the UK until February 2014.

Have seen a comment from Mizuno that there will be a limited release of 500 of the JPX850's across Europe in November. I know Mizuno have had limited success in competing with other manufacturers for sales of drivers/woods, but I do wonder if this strategy of having a delayed release will do anything to help.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will they featuring in your bag then Greig? :)

I think I may have a swish with the driver. Not a dead cert as just got the EZ not long a go.
The EZ irons won't be leaving my bag for a long while.

BUT... I do like the look of those fairways.

Patrick, my understanding is that Mizuno will continue the partnership with Fujikura for the Orochi shaft.
That has the obvious caveat that now til Feb is a long time for a lot to change :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
looks erm similar to previous- cant stand Chris Voshal presentation though

I take it you mean the irons? Because the woods couldn't be any more different to anything Mizuno have produced.
Blue paint finish is the future. Could only be sexier if they did the crowns in a matt blue like the black of the EZ.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think I may have a swish with the driver. Not a dead cert as just got the EZ not long a go.
The EZ irons won't be leaving my bag for a long while.

BUT... I do like the look of those fairways.

Patrick, my understanding is that Mizuno will continue the partnership with Fujikura for the Orochi shaft.
That has the obvious caveat that now til Feb is a long time for a lot to change :D

what a shame as i hated that orichi shaft, mind you i still have a spare pro launch red :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Depends on which incarnation of Oriochi you tried. Since the first one (red-eyes) they have moved it on to the blue and now orange. The orange is one of the best I have seen in a Mizuno wood since the Fubuki.

I notice the current range comes with a few different shaft upgrades so you never know.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw these, the new MP H5s and a set of new blades that I didn't really look at a couple of weeks ago. As soon as the fitting kit is ready, one of these will be mine! Of course, they will make me play much better - hoping it is before Help 4 Heroes :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw these, the new MP H5s and a set of new blades that I didn't really look at a couple of weeks ago. As soon as the fitting kit is ready, one of these will be mine! Of course, they will make me play much better - hoping it is before Help 4 Heroes :D

What are you going to opt for from the range? I keep saying no new driver but that does look bloody good.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I take it you mean the irons? Because the woods couldn't be any more different to anything Mizuno have produced.
Blue paint finish is the future. Could only be sexier if they did the crowns in a matt blue like the black of the EZ.

in what way?