Mizuno JPX 800 or something else...

AdamC28

Visit site
Hi All,

Currently playing with Taylormade Superlaunch irons, they were a really good iron for me to play with as a beginner but as I’m improving I want to try something else.

Basically if your not aware of them they are a super game improvement iron and huge!
I’m a bogey level golfer and want something a little smaller that will still provide plenty of forgiveness.

I’m looking at 2nd hand clubs and don’t want to spend any more that £300.
The Mizuno JPX 800 have caught my eye, does anyone have any experience playing with them?
Any other options I should consider?

Neeko1988

Visit site
I’ve had the jpx800 in steel and graphite. Nice clubs tbf. They do the normal and the pro version which are forged and thinner.

I had the standard ones,Decent clubs to be fair and I had them for fair few years.

I have forged p790 now and the feel is night and day though

D

Deleted member 18588

For your budget you should be able to pick up a decent used set of jpx900 forged.

IMO these are quite an improvement on the 800 or 850.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve the 800s and really like them. And they certainly don’t look or feel like the super game improvement irons.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i had a set of JPX pro825, you should be able to get a set of those for half your budget.... or less (crows offer) great clubs and very forgiving, high and straight with decent distance.

I'm not sure they has been any real gains in them over the last few models, ive tried all of them and the mizuno rep each time said not to bother, all you would be doing was upgrading the paint job against my current clubs