New Irons

BennyBoy85

Visit site
Currently looking around for options to upgrade my irons. Currently using a set of Wilson Staff Di11’s which are approx 8 years old but playing more regularly now and looking for something newer.
Currently playing off 24 but improving month by month (at least for now!).

Got my eye on these two sets at the moment, both from the Clubhouse sale:

Ping G400 - https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Ping-G400-Golf-Irons-Steel-Shafts.html#SID=405

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal - https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...ot-Metal-Golf-Irons-Steel-Shafts.html#SID=368

Both seem well reviewed and in the game improvement range that I’m shopping in.

Can anybody personally recommend either, or maybe suggest an alternative in the same price bracket (£300-£500)?
The cheaper the better, but I appreciate that you often get what you pay for!

DCB

Visit site
I'd go for the Mizuno offering. I play the previous model, the 900s and they are really good. Know folks who have played 919s HMs and loved them. Good distance and control, an ideal GI club.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I would imagine the Pings would be more forgiving but both are good quality clubs if your ball striking is decent.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
Any of the Ping range will be forgiving. It's hard without being able to try before you buy at the moment
This is exactly the problem. Really feel like I need to try before I buy but at the same time I don’t want to miss out on the lower prices in the sale.
A bit of a dilemma.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Pings would be much more forgiving than the mizzies.

My mate who is a 9 handicap player recently switched to them and is finding them excellent.

He went from Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal to these.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've just got a new set of the Ping G400s with graphite shafts and couldn't recommend them enough.

BennyBoy85

Visit site
Alternatively AG has the Taylormade M2’s at £399, with 20% off that but currently out of stock. Phoned my local store today who said they will be back in stock soon so they’re another option, especially at a price of around £320.