Minimalist moment

ScoopUK

Medal Winner
Visit site
I enjoyed that video too. Makes you think! I like minimalism generally anyway.

Because I'm new to it all I don't see the need for so many clubs for me right now. Lately I've been playing 5-7-9-SW, 12 deg driver, 4 hybrid (+ putter of course). Got a more minimalist style bag too and it's great to walk around easily and not have to rummage through loads of pockets to find things. Also I don't over-think things because got limited club choice anyway.

I'm going to play today and considering playing irons only off the shorter tees. Be fun to have another perspective of the course and also develop some consistency rather than being overwhelmed by so many clubs of differing style. I'm so inconsistent right now this will probably help me more than anything.

D

Deleted member 23344

Last winter, a friend and I turned up at our club to find that, due to the wet ground, trolleys weren’t allowed. As we each have cart bags, 14 clubs and assorted other gear, the only way to play was to pick four clubs and just carry them in our hands. We played just the first nine and I got my best first half score for several rounds! It begs the question why I carry 14 clubs, but I still do ... although, this winter, I have sometimes carried five clubs in a lightweight pencil bag, with minimal adverse effect.