Minecraft

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
With 3500 followers on YouTube and 2000 on Twitch I doubt he makes much. I make more from playing for £3 each week

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yea and people think great things about golfers. No golfer would ever average 20 hours a week at their hobby.

In fact, this guy is a streamer so is probably making money from it so it’s more than a hobby. I don’t suppose you get paid to play golf?

Jobs can be a chore, I don't need to get paid to do something I love. 😁

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I wish someone had paid me to play Counter Strike 1.6 back in my uni days. I was easily racking up at least five hours a day on average in my second year. Kept me out of the pub...

U

User62651

20 hours a week!! My son tries to do 20 hours in a day on Fortnite.

Mine too, worries me, just dont know how bad it is though, just the modern way. I remember being a teenager in the 80s, I didn't but a lot of kids played endlessly on spectrums and vic20s etc and they seem to have turned out ok. It's not a new thing.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine too, worries me, just dont know how bad it is though, just the modern way. I remember being a teenager in the 80s, I didn't but a lot of kids played endlessly on spectrums and vic20s etc and they seem to have turned out ok. It's not a new thing.

It worries us too but like you say I just put it down to this day and age. He spends his spending money on it - I did that with football/panini stickers/records, he spends alot of time on it with talking to us - I did that playing out playing football, it's all he talks about with mates - I did that with football.

Different times.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
in all honesty 20 isn't bad, i can say for certain i averaged more with a couple of games i played. Alot of people i think forgetthat many games are social and super varied. As for golf, consider how much practice a +1/+2 handicappermay put in.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hilarious that he's the saddo that needs to get a life for pursuing something he enjoys and that he makes money doing, I'd say you need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

It's great that people are willing to put this amount of work into a game they enjoy. I was watching a dude last night speed-running Dark Souls and the hours he must have put in to learn the world as well as he did and the ways to beat the bosses as easily as he did was so impressive. There's another dude who beat all 3 Dark Souls games back-to-back-to-back without taking a single hit in any game, and if he took any damage he had to go back to the 1st game. So impressive the dedication to learn these games and put the time in to put out content that people enjoy watching. Also, as above, putting 20 hours a week into a game isn't that extreme, I've put plenty more time than that into games in the past.

M1ndPrototype

Visit site
Hello friends. I've been playing Minecraft for a few years, maybe 3-4 years. I don't knew exactly how long. And I thought I'd try to make a server, so I could play with my friends. The server is almost finished, I still have a little. I worked hard on him. So now I'm looking to put the server on hosting. I found a pretty good site https://ggservers.com . What do you think? Have you had such an experience?

Last edited:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Each to their own I say. The world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing.
As a side note I reckon I spent a lot more than 20 hours a week in the pub at that age. But I was dedicated to perfecting drunkeness and was willing to put the hours in.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
4 rounds of golf, especially including travelling, is no different than someone else doing what they enjoy.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It worries us too but like you say I just put it down to this day and age. He spends his spending money on it - I did that with football/panini stickers/records, he spends alot of time on it with talking to us - I did that playing out playing football, it's all he talks about with mates - I did that with football.

Different times.

If allowed my son would easily do 20 per week if not per day on Minecraft. But he is not allowed. We have so far dodged the Fortnight bullet too. Letter from school asking parents of anyone under 13 not to play Fn. This summer hols is going to be a FIFA + minecraft summer.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Letter from school asking parents of anyone under 13 not to play Fn.

WHAT??!!! LOL I would wager the school has never actually seen, played, understand Fortnite.. LOL, my 7 year old plays Fortnite and enjoys it. i don't have an issue with it.