midsize golf grips

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I just been on golf pride website as i have been finding my grips seem a little small in my hand put my sizes in and it said midsize required. I think this is about correct as my driver grip is midsize and feels good. does anyone know how many layers of masking tape required to make a standard grip midsize

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
just buy the midsize and be done with it !!

If you ever have to regrip and peel off multiple layers of griptape, you'll be glad you did.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I just been on golf pride website as i have been finding my grips seem a little small in my hand put my sizes in and it said midsize required. I think this is about correct as my driver grip is midsize and feels good. does anyone know how many layers of masking tape required to make a standard grip midsize

Don't know about masking tape but about 4 or 5 layers of grip tape I believe. Not sure how thick masking tape comes up in comparison.

Edit; Should have added that this is the case where the butt and core size are the same. Less layers if the butt is greater than the core, more if the core is greater than the butt.

Last edited:

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
few pros told me never ever use extra layers of grip take to build up ALWAYS use mask tape

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
just buy the midsize and be done with it !!

If you ever have to regrip and peel off multiple layers of griptape, you'll be glad you did.

Its not really that simple.

If you put a .58 core midsize on a .62 shaft you'll have getting on for a jumbo grip.

Hence my opening question.

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi i dont wear a glove and core is .58 I need to build up with extra tape as i have already bought grips. they are golf pride multicompound

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
1/16" oversize (midsize) would be 4 layers of build up tape plus one layer of grip tape.

Sorry to mess you around gareth just found the grip and its 0.60 size
Also you use use standard 2 inch masking tape from BQ

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry to mess you around gareth just found the grip and its 0.60 size
Also you use use standard 2 inch masking tape from BQ

No worries pal :thup:

.60 on a .60 shaft. 6 layers of build up tape, plus 1 layer grip tape is 1/16" oversize.

I use 2" making tape to build up my grips :thup:

Last edited:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Before I went Midsize, I had a golf club fitter (Used to work in the Cleveland tour van and built clubs for a lot of pros) build me up a standard set to midsize, I believe he used 4 layers of grip tape in total.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Before I went Midsize, I had a golf club fitter (Used to work in the Cleveland tour van and built clubs for a lot of pros) build me up a standard set to midsize, I believe he used 4 layers of grip tape in total.

Quite possibly.

That would have been a .58 core grip on a .60 shaft.