Michelin starred restaurants in London

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
taking my wife to London for her 30th in December and looking to book somewhere special- any recommendations....

and I know there are tons of excellent non michelin starred restaurants in London as have been many times but I've never tried a michelin starred restaurant before and looking to try something a bit more special. Alain Ducasse and Gordon Ramsay are out as for dinner would be looking at £300+ for the 2 of us.... at a push max I'd want to spend is £200.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dinner by Heston in the Mandarin oriental hotel is an amazing experience.

City Social by Jason Atherton was also brilliant.

Am am booked in to Restaurant Story in a couple of weeks which is supposed to be superb.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How about Galvin at Windows for good views? Personally, i'd go for Kitty Fishers or failing that hunker down at J Sheekey for some amazing seafood.

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm going to Marcus Waring's restaurant at the Berkeley in a couple of weeks - can't wait.

If you are going for dinner at most of the top end restaurants, have the tasting menu with matching wines etc it'll easily set you back £250+ per person. But if you aren;t going the whole hog you should be ok.
Michelin star = premium price, but there are loads of good places otherwise such as Roux at Parliament Square, which I thought was worthy of a star.
The Wolsley is a great experience, like a grand old Vienniese or Parisian cafe, but not exactly top end dining.

With regards London's starred restaurants:
I have been too Murano, Angela Harnett's Italian restaurant, which was probably my 2nd favourite meal so far (after Midsummer House in Cambridge)
Also, Galvin at Windows, which was beautiful, and if you can get a window table the views are amazing.

Remember they also tend to do offers, especially at lunch time which can really keep the price down.

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Out in the sticks a bit is Hedone (I want to say it's Chiswick...). I've paid for my parents to go there and they had the most amazing time (ranking it better than a few other starred restaurants they've been to)

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok Have went for Dinner By Heston - best time I could get was 6.30pm on the Saturday but just gives us more time to drink at night :D

On the Friday I am trying to get the pre theatre deal at Galvin at windows but think they have ended it for December. Then going to See Aladdin (wifes choice) Friday.

Apart from drinking and shopping any other recommendations to fill the Saturday daytime or after dinner?

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ok Have went for Dinner By Heston - best time I could get was 6.30pm on the Saturday but just gives us more time to drink at night :D

On the Friday I am trying to get the pre theatre deal at Galvin at windows but think they have ended it for December. Then going to See Aladdin (wifes choice) Friday.

Apart from drinking and shopping any other recommendations to fill the Saturday daytime or after dinner?

https://www.swingersldn.com/home/

London Eye if its a nice day

Winter Wonderland Hyde Park

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Don't have much experience on London but the few days me and my wife spent there we just jumped on and off the tourist buses and got to see a lot of the tourist area's, only downside is that you spend a lot of time on the buses due to traffic.

We ate at a place called Roast (not michelin stared) which is in Borough Market which was lovely, some great pubs around there and close to the Shard which is an experience too.

D

Deleted member 23270

I always enjoy a night at the Comedy Store in Leicester Square. Two shows a night, you can get tickets on the door but best to book in advance as often (usually!) sells out.

D

Deleted member 1418

No Michelin star but Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden is superb and has been voted 'the world's most romantic restaurant' in it's time! The food is excellent with the cheese board the best I have ever had.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Highly recommend the Tipsy cake, I am not a cake person but it was gorgeous - you need to order it when doing starters and mains as it takes time to prepare.

All the mains are fabulous

The Ice Cream made at the table is brilliant theatre

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Out in the sticks a bit is Hedone (I want to say it's Chiswick...). I've paid for my parents to go there and they had the most amazing time (ranking it better than a few other starred restaurants they've been to)
we have been to La Trumpete which is just at the other end of Chiswick Highstreet. We found it reasonably priced (both not big drinkers) and the food was amazing.

We also don’t call it ‘out in the sticks’, we have to travel a mile or 2 in forbthat one.

There is also one close to Kew station, possibly nice to combine with a Kew Garden visit.

Not everything has to be central ;-)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s wrong with a trip out to Prezzo?

My dinner tonight is being delivered right to my door from Zi’s Piri Piri. Can’t beat service like that!

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm going to Marcus Waring's restaurant at the Berkeley in a couple of weeks - can't wait.

If you are going for dinner at most of the top end restaurants, have the tasting menu with matching wines etc it'll easily set you back £250+ per person. But if you aren;t going the whole hog you should be ok.
Michelin star = premium price, but there are loads of good places otherwise such as Roux at Parliament Square, which I thought was worthy of a star.
The Wolsley is a great experience, like a grand old Vienniese or Parisian cafe, but not exactly top end dining.

With regards London's starred restaurants:
I have been too Murano, Angela Harnett's Italian restaurant, which was probably my 2nd favourite meal so far (after Midsummer House in Cambridge)
Also, Galvin at Windows, which was beautiful, and if you can get a window table the views are amazing.

Remember they also tend to do offers, especially at lunch time which can really keep the price down.

Let us know what Warings is like, its on my to do list.