Watching the Ryder Cup in central London

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evening all!

I've stupidly arranged to be away from home working this weekend, booked before I realised it's Ryder Cup weekend.

I'm going to be staying in central London, more or less in the City, and I'm looking for any recommendations that anyone might have for a decent boozer that could be showing the golf.

From experience I reckon it'll be a struggle to find somewhere all that close, especially on Sunday night, so I'm happy to jump on the tube or get an Uber if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golf club bar? Think Dulwich & Sydenham is about the closest to the city, no idea if they have sky or what they have got going on

I'd thought about finding a handy-ish golf club so I'll check that place out, thanks.

I was also wondering about sports bars in central london, which I suppose shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
where in the City are you going to be as there is a sports bar on The Minories although i am unsure if its open on a weekend or there is The Chamberlain Hotel, also on the Minories, but that is a bit pricey.
the Duke of Somerset on the corner of Little Somerset Street and Mansell Street should be open and has sky and is better value imo

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
where in the City are you going to be as there is a sports bar on The Minories although i am unsure if its open on a weekend or there is The Chamberlain Hotel, also on the Minories, but that is a bit pricey.
the Duke of Somerset on the corner of Little Somerset Street and Mansell Street should be open and has sky and is better value imo

I'm going to based at Old Billingsgate during the day and staying not too far from there either so that kind of area, not a million miles away from the Duke of Somerset by the looks of things.

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you have sports bars in the UK? I have never had a problem watching a major golf event at a sports bar in the US. Often they have more than two dozen tv's so there are plenty of viewing options. Do you have those kind of things in the UK?

Craig