Michael Robinson RIP

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So sad to hear of the passing away at 61.
Seem to recall he played for Man City and Liverpool for a season before going to Osasuna in Spain.

We go to Spain often and he ended up on TV and was well respected. Graeme Souness told a tale of him walking down a street in Madrid with Seve and 6 people asked for his autograph and only 1 for Seve!

RIP

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to say he was a great player and when Liverpool nicked him from City I said, to anyone who would listen, TOLD YOU SO !!!!! Liverpool , at that time, did not buy rubbish. Quality player !!!! Sad day indeed.

sunshine

Visit site
Too young to have seen him play, but he was a brilliant pundit and presenter. For a long time he presented a show similar to MOTD2 - a bit more fun and better analysis than MOTD.

D

Deleted member 1740

Too young to have seen him play, but he was a brilliant pundit and presenter. For a long time he presented a show similar to MOTD2 - a bit more fun and better analysis than MOTD.

I was only 3 when he played for us but our kid is 8 yrs older than me and he said he was a very good player, scored a few when he deputised for King Kenny when he was injured that season. "Fatty Robbo" was his chant from the kop

sunshine

Visit site
I was only 3 when he played for us but our kid is 8 yrs older than me and he said he was a very good player, scored a few when he deputised for King Kenny when he was injured that season. "Fatty Robbo" was his chant from the kop

Any player good enough to play in that Liverpool side can only be described as world class.