New Driver in the bag

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been thinking of replacing driver for a while and having had a hit of a SLDR was aiming for one of those.

Pro at our place doesn't stock TM but happy for me to go and get a fitting elsewhere then he'd get one for me using my pro shop money.

But with holidays, then my Mum passing away (96) not had the chance to go for a fitting or been in the mindset and was explaining this to him this morning when he mention why not try one of the Titleist 913D2 he has on offer at the moment .

Took a 9.5 with a Aldila RIP Phenom 70 Regular shaft, set up neutral.

1st hole , booming fade , 251 yards in 1 st cut rough, happy with

2nd hole Another fade , 240 yards into area of first cut rough but does open hole up from there so happy again.

3 rd hole 270 yards down wind caught 1 st cut rough again but easy up and down

4 th hole 247 yards back into wind but easily carried fairway bunkers, had set up for draw and got one which was very pleasing.

5th hole 210 yards, had aimed down left of fairway but just caught trees on left, made par from there though so still happy

6th hole 280 yards , ran out of fairway blocked out by big tree but still made par ( par 5)

7th hole 260 yards started it on fairway bunkers and faded it nicely back into middle of fairway leaving 102 yards in for birdie

11 th hole 309 yards ( downwind ) 5 yards past pin and eagle putt lipped out, had set up for draw and got lovely soft one.

14th hole 168 yards, blocked it right after trying to draw it and caught trees, made double.

15 th hole 230 yards same as last hole but bounced back onto fairway, made par.

16th hole 260 yards, set up for draw and got it. This was the test hole as had hit SLDR here and was past it by 5 yards :)

18th 292 yards , downhill , ran through fairway and under birch tree, caught branch in back swing causing an air shot !!Next into greenside bunker but up and down for a bogey.

So no Trackman, no smash factor, no carry stats just where it ended and it's in the bag for 58 notes after using up pro shop monies :D:D:D:D:D

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
result - but then again think of what you might be missing ...........

on second thoughts - just focus on what you have! :thup:

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just got a new driver myself tonight, I got the nike covert 2.0.

To to be fair it was probably one of the last drivers i'd have gone for but it was giving me slightly better numbers than the SLDR On trackman and was cheaper.

Heres hoping it helps my very suspect driving!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have been so happy since I changed to my Cleveland Classic XL. It is straighter, longer and more reliable. Cannot believe that they are selling these off for £80 or less. Bargain of the year for me.

D

Deleted member 17920

Good purchase and a nice £100 saving from the sldr, distances you are getting are really good, hope the handicap comes down nicely.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been thinking of replacing driver for a while and having had a hit of a SLDR was aiming for one of those.

Pro at our place doesn't stock TM but happy for me to go and get a fitting elsewhere then he'd get one for me using my pro shop money.

But with holidays, then my Mum passing away (96) not had the chance to go for a fitting or been in the mindset and was explaining this to him this morning when he mention why not try one of the Titleist 913D2 he has on offer at the moment .

Took a 9.5 with a Aldila RIP Phenom 70 Regular shaft, set up neutral.

1st hole , booming fade , 251 yards in 1 st cut rough, happy with

2nd hole Another fade , 240 yards into area of first cut rough but does open hole up from there so happy again.

3 rd hole 270 yards down wind caught 1 st cut rough again but easy up and down

4 th hole 247 yards back into wind but easily carried fairway bunkers, had set up for draw and got one which was very pleasing.

5th hole 210 yards, had aimed down left of fairway but just caught trees on left, made par from there though so still happy

6th hole 280 yards , ran out of fairway blocked out by big tree but still made par ( par 5)

7th hole 260 yards started it on fairway bunkers and faded it nicely back into middle of fairway leaving 102 yards in for birdie

11 th hole 309 yards ( downwind ) 5 yards past pin and eagle putt lipped out, had set up for draw and got lovely soft one.

14th hole 168 yards, blocked it right after trying to draw it and caught trees, made double.

15 th hole 230 yards same as last hole but bounced back onto fairway, made par.

16th hole 260 yards, set up for draw and got it. This was the test hole as had hit SLDR here and was past it by 5 yards :)

18th 292 yards , downhill , ran through fairway and under birch tree, caught branch in back swing causing an air shot !!Next into greenside bunker but up and down for a bogey.

So no Trackman, no smash factor, no carry stats just where it ended and it's in the bag for 58 notes after using up pro shop monies :D:D:D:D:D

So the actual Fairways in reg was quite poor ;)