Michael Jackson Dead????

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Musically talented, in his day.
Other than that, a complete and utter Fruitbat with not an ounce of normality about him.
Throw in the more dubious events in his life and altogether one of the strangest characters that has ever lived.

I wasnt surprised in the slightest this morning.

Far bigger tragedy was in our paper last nt, - a 46yr old who died recently on holiday in Florida with his kids.
Now that is sad.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Doctors are undecided what the cause of death was....
Some are blaming it on the sunshine, others on the moonlight, some say it was the good times but most blame the boogie.

50 is too young to die for anyone. I saw the History concert at Wembley and it was fantastic. I feel like Wacko has had his day, I'm not really into 50 year old pop stars, if it could have been scripted then I couldn't have thought of a better ending. Shame he didn't secretly go off to hide on an island in the Pacific for the next 30/40 years with his feet up and a cuppa.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some coincidence Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett dying on the same day. One played with Majors and the other played with Minors. :D

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apparantly his last wish was for his ashes to be turned into an etch a sketch.

So kids will still be able to play with his kn..

:eek: :eek:

Sorry, I know it was terrible taste.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Yep, my text messages started at 7 o'clock this morning and carried on all day (had around 20 so far)

Never ceases to amaze me how quick they come out.

Best one was:

What's the difference between Sir Alex Ferguson and Michael Jackson?

Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August!!!!

Sick, but funny!

Indeed a sad loss but a hell of a lot of hysteria in my opinion.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Every radio station I listened to today was playing almost non-stop Jacko records - ok for the first 15 minutes then it gets a bit tedious.

Sad loss but when did he last put out any original product? He's a has-been from the past who's lifestyle has caught up with him. Agree with Homer, Freddie was a far greater loss i.m.o.

CA bought on by getting fit for the upcoming gigs? If he was as ill as they say he was last year then to get that fit in a fairly short space of time must have taken its toll.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
The man was a genius.
He never grew up really, was sort of in a bubble.

My mate will be absolutely devastated.

One of the blokes that work for me had tickets to see him. His wife phoned up the booking line and they offered her an alternative,,,,,,,,,,,,, The 3 degrees........ WTF.... how is that an alternative.
A pop legend or 3 big Momma's???????

Handycap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Time will reveal how much of an influence Michael Jackson was on popular culture in and beyond his lifetime, and how his legacy will be regarded in the future.

Freddie Mercury had a great stage presence but beyond that there can be no comparison to Michael Jackson. Without queen Mercury would not have had the success he experienced.

Michael Jackson was an all round performer: band member, solo artist, songwriter, singer, dancer and performer. And he was very good in all those disciplines.

It is such a shame that after such a long period of "rest" in his career he was within weeks of relaunching himself on a truly massive scale.

It doesn't really matter whether you liked him or his style of entertainment, he was an international star that had a gift few before him or since have come close to emulate.

I can't claim to be his biggest fan, but if I looked in the attic I'd expect to find a copy of the vinyl album Thriller up there. However I am genuinely saddened by his early death and will mourn the fact that he is no longer alive. And no one will ever know if his planned tour, which was due to start in just a couple of weeks time, may well have been as big as anything that went before.

Like Elvis Presley before him (whose daughter he was once married to) his estate and the performing rites licence holders will carry on reaping the financial rewards of his work well into the future. The recent sale of Jackson memorabilia that was stopped at the eleventh hour must have increased in value tenfold, let alone the back catalogue and any previously unreleased recordings he may have made.

He was a troubled man who regressed back to childhood in later years. I believe he was exceptional in his field and will ultimately be remembered for the talent which he undoubtedly possessed and not the eccentricities that he was latterly tainted with.

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson.

D

Deleted member 1740

Wacko was a great song smith in his day and most of his music was great too.

But, and its a very big but i can't help but think of him in the same light as gary glitter. And the only reason he wasn't convicted for the alledged sex offences on children was down to money.

Feel sorry for bubbles though

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Time will reveal how much of an influence Michael Jackson was on popular culture in and beyond his lifetime, and how his legacy will be regarded in the future.

Freddie Mercury had a great stage presence but beyond that there can be no comparison to Michael Jackson. Without queen Mercury would not have had the success he experienced.

Michael Jackson was an all round performer: band member, solo artist, songwriter, singer, dancer and performer. And he was very good in all those disciplines.

It is such a shame that after such a long period of "rest" in his career he was within weeks of relaunching himself on a truly massive scale.

It doesn't really matter whether you liked him or his style of entertainment, he was an international star that had a gift few before him or since have come close to emulate.

I can't claim to be his biggest fan, but if I looked in the attic I'd expect to find a copy of the vinyl album Thriller up there. However I am genuinely saddened by his early death and will mourn the fact that he is no longer alive. And no one will ever know if his planned tour, which was due to start in just a couple of weeks time, may well have been as big as anything that went before.

Like Elvis Presley before him (whose daughter he was once married to) his estate and the performing rites licence holders will carry on reaping the financial rewards of his work well into the future. The recent sale of Jackson memorabilia that was stopped at the eleventh hour must have increased in value tenfold, let alone the back catalogue and any previously unreleased recordings he may have made.

He was a troubled man who regressed back to childhood in later years. I believe he was exceptional in his field and will ultimately be remembered for the talent which he undoubtedly possessed and not the eccentricities that he was latterly tainted with.

Superb post

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
IMO

The death of Jacko didn't flinch me one way or the other, but tbh I'm beginning to feel very uncomfortable about the way tv is treating his death as if he was a great world leader.

He was forced into the industry as a child. Very few of us sane forumsters would ever consider putting our children through that, just to get rich. He peaked in the '80s with a couple of albums which will go down in history as some of the greatest ever pop albums.

But since then he has had more publicity for his sexual inclinations than for any good music he's made. Is it a shame he never had the chance to prove his innocence ? Or a blessed relief that all those accusations went away at the wave of a cheque book ?

Like I say, his death didn't make me flinch.

There has only been one guy whose death I heard about whilst driving that made me pull over because it bit deep into my psyche.

Joe Strummer.

Maybe not the right place to ask the question, but in order to keep some perspective on the death of a musician ; Would you prefer to be remembered for making one of the best albums ever released ? Or for making the biggest selling album ever released ?

One involves a huge amount of talent, and some hard work. The other involves a maybe not disimilar talent, mixed in with a great music producer, a great video producer, a great marketing team, etc.

Yes Jacko died before his time, but I can't help thinking that his contribution to society will be hugely overexagerated over the next few weeks/months/years.

Bit like Diana really.

Handycap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
IMO

The death of Jacko didn't flinch me one way or the other, but tbh I'm beginning to feel very uncomfortable about the way tv is treating his death as if he was a great world leader.

He was forced into the industry as a child. Very few of us sane forumsters would ever consider putting our children through that, just to get rich. He peaked in the '80s with a couple of albums which will go down in history as some of the greatest ever pop albums.

But since then he has had more publicity for his sexual inclinations than for any good music he's made. Is it a shame he never had the chance to prove his innocence ? Or a blessed relief that all those accusations went away at the wave of a cheque book ?

Like I say, his death didn't make me flinch.

There has only been one guy whose death I heard about whilst driving that made me pull over because it bit deep into my psyche.

Joe Strummer.

Maybe not the right place to ask the question, but in order to keep some perspective on the death of a musician ; Would you prefer to be remembered for making one of the best albums ever released ? Or for making the biggest selling album ever released ?

One involves a huge amount of talent, and some hard work. The other involves a maybe not disimilar talent, mixed in with a great music producer, a great video producer, a great marketing team, etc.

Yes Jacko died before his time, but I can't help thinking that his contribution to society will be hugely overexagerated over the next few weeks/months/years.

Bit like Diana really.

My opinion and your's may differ. I preferred Joe Strummer's music to Michael Jackson's. I also preferred Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, John Martyn, and a great many other artists to Michael Jackson. But just because I prefer to listen to a different genre of music doesn't mean that my choice of music is "the best".

There are times when through raw talent or personal endeavour, an individual can become internatinally recognised. To maintain that recognition over the rest of your lifetime and after your death is something special.
We all know the names of people that have attained such status: Neil Armstrong, Nelson Mandella, Mohammed Ali, Elvis Presley etc.

I'm not claiming that those names are any "better" than one another or whose skills and talents can be directly compared, but what they have in common through their achievements have had an international impact around the world. I believe that Michael Jackson will be remembered for his talent on a global scale long into the future. This doesn't make Jackson a world leader, just a talented artist whose music had a significant effect on the world. The same will not be credited to Joe Strummer.

There are bound to be text messages and emails clogging up memory chips on phones and computers with all the latest Michael Jackson jokes, and I find it refreshing that for the most part, this thread has remained free of the more tasteless ones. I am pretty thick skinned, but some of the more lurid ones I find offensive. It's easy to mock celebrities and some of them truly deserve pegging back a notch or two, but would you laugh as much over tasteless offensive jokes if they were directed at your sister, brother mother or father. Or is it OK so long as it's someone else's sister, brother, mother or father?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was watching old clips of Studio 54 on You Tube the other day, and MJ was there all the time dancing away, the guy was multi talented, a bit wacked out with some of his actions but his music was superb and imo still is. Rumour has it he'll reappear as one of Diana Ross's backing singers with the Supremes :) :). Or him and Elvis are in Mexico hiding and will hoover up billions of dollars laughing there tits of at everyone buying there music :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My opinion and your's may differ. I preferred Joe Strummer's music to Michael Jackson's. I also preferred Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, John Martyn, and a great many other artists to Michael Jackson. But just because I prefer to listen to a different genre of music doesn't mean that my choice of music is "the best".

There are times when through raw talent or personal endeavour, an individual can become internatinally recognised. To maintain that recognition over the rest of your lifetime and after your death is something special.
We all know the names of people that have attained such status: Neil Armstrong, Nelson Mandella, Mohammed Ali, Elvis Presley etc.

I'm not claiming that those names are any "better" than one another or whose skills and talents can be directly compared, but what they have in common through their achievements have had an international impact around the world. I believe that Michael Jackson will be remembered for his talent on a global scale long into the future. This doesn't make Jackson a world leader, just a talented artist whose music had a significant effect on the world. The same will not be credited to Joe Strummer.

There are bound to be text messages and emails clogging up memory chips on phones and computers with all the latest Michael Jackson jokes, and I find it refreshing that for the most part, this thread has remained free of the more tasteless ones. I am pretty thick skinned, but some of the more lurid ones I find offensive. It's easy to mock celebrities and some of them truly deserve pegging back a notch or two, but would you laugh as much over tasteless offensive jokes if they were directed at your sister, brother mother or father. Or is it OK so long as it's someone else's sister, brother, mother or father?

Not after your bum, I promise.... ;)
But that is the second superb post I've read from you about this and it just about sums up the way I feel right now.
Some of the so called "jokes" I have seen over the last day or so have made me feel a little uneasy.
Well done

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site

Superb post

Seconded.

Cracking post, summing up my sentiments exactly. :(

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who really gives two hoots? I know I don't.

just wish the news channels would get a grip and start reporting something other than him. Sick of it.

Andy