MGS...again.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sure I suggested this earlier but maybe try watching their vids/podcasts, afterall if they were talking nonsense they'd have their ass sued all over the place.

Sued for what? From what I have seen they don't say much. You can't sue people for not saying something.

They show us a pic of a really off centre Callaway ball. No doubt it is real, and so no case for legal action. What they don't say is whether this happened to every Callaway ball they cut open, or 1 in a million, this is by design so the reader\viewer assumes Callaway balls are bad, but it has not been directly said by MGS meaning there is no case.

Same with the QC nonsense, it's a fact that only a few companies own the whole manufacturing chain, it's MGS opinion that this provides much better quality. Whether the opinion is true or not, you can't sue someone for having an opinion. Notice they were also very careful not to name anyone, so now if someone wants to sue them, not only do they have a more difficult case to prove it was aimed at them, they also have to make public statements that MGS or others will then potentially use as further fodder by claiming a company admits they have poor quality, even if this was not what was actually said.

In short, not being sued is not proof of not speaking nonsense.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Srixon on FB put up a post this afternoon stating that their cores are exactly in the middle in each ball.

Obviously this report is causing some shockwaves through the industry whether it is true or not

User20204

Visit site
Speaking to a Titleist ball rep today and said it's only Titleist that have 100% control over ball production from start to finish. Surprised me as I thought Bridgestone also had it but there you go.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nobody has 100% control over their production process. Even if they owned every step of the production chain, which is itself unlikely. In a process where there is little chance that people will detect out of spec production, there is little incentive to even try. The incentive is even not to try - economically, which is the raison d'etre of manufacturing, its probably best not to aim for perfection in some circumstances as its less profitable.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok I’ll throw a spanner in. On the pictured chrome soft the core is off centre, but could this possibly be caused by a slightly imbalanced core being compensated in the manufacturing process?

If that so, one could argue a manufacturing process that allows a core to be moved into the optimal position to ensure the ball is balance overall has to be a better process that a manufacturing process that just assumes every core/layer is perfect.

Think of a car tyre, just because it’s a brand new tyre on a brand new room means sod all, it still needs balancing

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I read the report but not sure what ball to get.

Looking to invest in the best bang for it's buck.

I swing at 100mph driver speed to right in between all the tests.

what have other people taken away from this? anyone changed the ball they play from the results.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve tried the snell balls and the seam is quite apparent but they’re a great ball for the price.
Got given some ad333’s and at the moment they’re my ball of choice but I’ve still got best part of 2 dozen chromesofts to hit into various tres and ponds.
I’ll try and get the 3for2 on the srixons while the offer is on