Membership Rebate

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
No rebates at mine, but they've started a virtual comp when the course is closed.
Enter using BRS cost £2, basically it's a raffle.
But seemingly the computer picks 18 random holes net scores from your past comps.
Half the money is paid out to the 1,2,3 and 4th places other half pays for club upgrades.
Good news is you can't lose any balls or get a handicap adjustment :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Subs email has arrived.....
A previous AGM had already voted for an increase of £100 for this coming year - that has been put on hold.
No bar levy to pay, in fact the club are putting £75 onto our cards.
So, all in all, this year is going to cost less than last year and the club is steady financially.
The countdown continues....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Subs email has arrived.....
A previous AGM had already voted for an increase of £100 for this coming year - that has been put on hold.
No bar levy to pay, in fact the club are putting £75 onto our cards.
So, all in all, this year is going to cost less than last year and the club is steady financially.
The countdown continues....

Putting money on your card. Is that a members club or privately owned?

D

Deleted member 18588

Not sure if "most" do.
Surely the management team and committee are there to make the relevant decisions?
It would be most unusual for a Members' Club not to put the Committee's recommended Subscriptions to the membership for approval, or otherwise, at the AGM.

Obviously Proprietary Clubs will operate differently.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It would be most unusual for a Members' Club not to put the Committee's recommended Subscriptions to the membership for approval, or otherwise, at the AGM.

yes i think its in our constitution that the members must vote on any fee ichange, we didn't have and AGM so no increase

D

Deleted member 18588

Clearly this differs from club to club. I've just had a look at our rules, the Directors are responsible for setting the fees.

I really can't see the point of going to a members vote, it's a bit like the government asking the public to vote for income tax.

The directors, management and committee have already been voted in (or employed) to do the job, let them get on with it.
What is the ownership model of your Club?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Clearly this differs from club to club. I've just had a look at our rules, the Directors are responsible for setting the fees.

I really can't see the point of going to a members vote, it's a bit like the government asking the public to vote for income tax.

The directors, management and committee have already been voted in (or employed) to do the job, let them get on with it.

What if they propose a huge increase or decrease without justification?

D

Deleted member 18588

Members owned since the year dot.
As I said it is extremely unusual for the level of fees not to require the approval of the membership.

Also, and I appreciate that this may just be a question of semantics, for it to be Directors rather than an elected Committee to be determining the Club's budget.

These days many Member's Clubs sit beneath a Limited Company whose role it is to own the assets on behalf of its shareholders, the Club members.

However, decision making remains in the hands of the Committee who are answerable to the members.

D-S

Visit site
They are long standing, respected members who are accountable and have the interest of the club at heart.

Why would a group of intelligent professionals do that? They just wouldn't.
We are a members Club. Our subscription levels are set by the Board of Directors each year and do not need to be approved by AGM; however there is a maximum % level that subs can be increased by without members approval.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No rebate, £50 increase, £40k removed from greens budget.

Apparently, no local clubs have done anything different?!
the only reason we didn't have an increase this year was as because we could not have the usual AGM and it would have had to have been a zoom. FYI most of the members would have dialed in and voted against it where as the AGM, only a few go and an increase would have just been a formality. The club does not appear to bale able to live within our means. we borrowed £1m for the course upgrades and are now even talking about changing all the GK equipment, even though most of it is fairly new, putting the club in further debt:censored:

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Our board make the decision on the level.of subs, without reference to the AGM. In my view this is the right approach, we as members vote the board into their positions and trust them to run the club in the best interest of all the membership, they cannot do that with one hand tied behind their back.