Membership payments ?

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've only ever been a member of clubs where its a pay and play and your membership entitles you to a hc and entry to compititions hence the membership is never any more than £150.
But know I want to join a better club and wondering if most clubs let you pay by direct debit ? As I'm self employed and can be out of work anytime so £1000-1500 in one lump sum is a lot of dough out of the back up fund.

I've seen Ealing golf club which is very nice advertise direct debit is a available on there website but that's the only place I've seen it.
What does your club offer ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I pay monthly on direct debit. Most courses will offer some sort of monthly option, though some will charge for administering it (thankfully ours doesnt)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I pay monthly on direct debit. Most courses will offer some sort of monthly option, though some will charge for administering it (thankfully ours doesnt)

Yip but most also won't let you be in arrears so many are a years up front then pay by monthly standing order with no admin fee, some clubs also have a draw every year for SO payers where the winner gets a year free and their money back.

Some clubs use open fairway IIRC who collect their money for you with a admin fee (unsure if this is what you are thinking fundy) but Im not aware of that many.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yip but most also won't let you be in arrears so many are a years up front then pay by monthly standing order with no admin fee, some clubs also have a draw every year for SO payers where the winner gets a year free and their money back.

Some clubs use open fairway IIRC who collect their money for you with a admin fee (unsure if this is what you are thinking fundy) but Im not aware of that many.

A few of the clubs locally will charge a set price if pay for the year but add between 5 and 10% if you choose to pay by DD. At ours I just pay a month in advance :)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
ours has been changed this year so that you pay a larger proportion of the fee through the summer months and less dec jan feb i think there has been some people resigning membership with d/d so the club has lost anticipated revenues.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
some clubs also have a draw every year for SO payers where the winner gets a year free and their money back.

Love that idea...................:thup:
Maybe better if they gave one member their money back and one member free next year, better odds.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Love that idea...................:thup:
Maybe better if they gave one member their money back and one member free next year, better odds.

It's an incentive to entice payment by standing order, helps the clubs cashflow im told.

Maybe I worded it wrong, our club takes standing orders in advance of the following year and come fee time you can leave the club and get your money back or continue your SO for next year but what the also do at the AGM is have a draw and the winner gets there money back and continues their SO for the following year.

There is a few clubs in my area do it, it's a good idea.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I pay mine all up front, but then it's only £300 a year (for the next two membership years after this one)...but I can pay monthly if I wanted to, and aren't charged any extra.

DavePhoenix

Medal Winner
Visit site
our club use Fiarway Credit. They charge a % interest but cant remember exactly what it is... ends up being around £50 more across the year I think...

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
mine takes first year up front then dd paying in advance, no charge, if you want to resign you must let them know by a certain date or you lose what you have paid, and are still due next years fees or be debt barred

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Use "Fairway credit" at are place to. 9 monthly payments. Fairway pay the club up front. Then you pay to Fairway. IT IS A CREDIT AGREEMENT so you can't drop out partway though. The charge to use it is only £12 on top at our place or there abouts.