Member at more than one club?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm round the corner at Langlands. Still going to play there next year as I like the folk but I think I'll end up joining somewhere else as well. Plenty of nice courses around here. Where are you playing yourself?
I'm at Bellshill, but we don't have good practice area. I thought the driving range at Playsport was quite good , it was free the day i played in their open comp , not sure what their practice area is like . The course doesn't stay wet for long as the drainage is excellent

PS , any time you fancy a game at Bellshill give me a shout no probs :thup:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Living around the M25, I can just about afford one local club.

Maybe if I lived in a part of the country with yearly subs of £500....

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm at Bellshill, but we don't have good practice area. I thought the driving range at Playsport was quite good , it was free the day i played in their open comp , not sure what their practice area is like . The course doesn't stay wet for long as the drainage is excellent

PS , any time you fancy a game at Bellshill give me a shout no probs :thup:

Thanks for the invite, sounds good :cheers:

Playsport has a good short game practice area and as you mentioned a good driving range. Doubt I would join there as it's a 9 holer with too many par 3s! Good nick though.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I'm a member at 3 clubs. Royal Musselburgh, Dunbar and the club where I first started playing, Winterfield GC, a council course. Winterfield is a short but it's a tough par 65 and most medals are on sundays. Royal Musselburgh, a parkland, is just up the road and I can be there in 5 mins and most medals are on saturdays. Dunbar is true links and I love playing there and besides my daughters stay down that way so it's a no brainer. It costs me less tha 1500 for all three and considering I'm playing 5 times a week or more I get my moneys worth for sure.

Why........well, why not.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm a member at 3 clubs. Royal Musselburgh, Dunbar and the club where I first started playing, Winterfield GC, a council course. Winterfield is a short but it's a tough par 65 and most medals are on sundays. Royal Musselburgh, a parkland, is just up the road and I can be there in 5 mins and most medals are on saturdays. Dunbar is true links and I love playing there and besides my daughters stay down that way so it's a no brainer. It costs me less tha 1500 for all three and considering I'm playing 5 times a week or more I get my moneys worth for sure.

Why........well, why not.

When you put it like that!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm currently at two after joining Bearwood Lakes in August. Got frustrated at some of the things happening at the other club, specifically around competitions and team matches.

Have kept the membership until March as I've still got friends there, but likely won't rejoin.

Practice facilities, course, service and club as a whole is on a different level at Bearwood Lakes. Just need to sort out the 'mates' bit!

What a great course to be a member at.... has Modern attitudes/rules as well. Some of us 'Northerners' were kindly guested there by Paul Nash (PNWokingham), on the day before this year's H4H. A great guy who you'll definitely 'nesh' with, James. :D Look him up & let me know how you get on.

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Member at 2 clubs, my home home is Salisbury, been there for 25+ years, cracking course and because its on chalk you can play 365 a year, my second club is Rushmore, I joined there because its were the wife works, so know many players and love the place, has water on 7 holes and lots and lots of trees and tight fairways.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm at 2 clubs too and both are over 200 miles apart. Easter Moffat is my home club in central Lanarkshire, a good members club with a challenging layout. Wallasey is my away club which I joined this year, I'll play 20 rounds here a year roughly. I wanted to join a proper links and Wallasey fitted the bill for me in terms of course, location and cost. I'm in the area a minimum of once a month so through the summer it's great for after work golf and beats sitting in a hotel room on my tod.

Happy to guest anyone onto either.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was at 2 clubs- Gleneagles and a local private club.

In nice weather I wanted to play at Gleneagles- in cr@ppy weather I didnt want to play anywhere.

3 years of not playing at the local club I gave up as no time. Eventually gave up Gleneagles and joined another local club- time is a premium these days.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What are the qualifications to be a county member Martin ?

Looks like they do a flexible 7 day membership scheme where you can buy credits to play. Might well have a look into this. Get entry into know honour board events so could play comps and so could be up for it once I've had a round or two with my mate. Apparently if I don't use all the credits in any given year they roll over if I renew