Member at more than one club?

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Who is currently a member at more than one club? What made you decide to do this?

I like the club/muni course I'm at because: people are great, it's near, enjoyable course even if it's not the best kept, family members play here.

However, I fancy joining somewhere that: has better practice facilities, better greens, midweek comps etc.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a member at two clubs because ones parkland soaking in winter and ones links perfect all year round but a. Bit of a drive

Having two clubs is worth it as if a open or comp with a format you don't fancy or can't get a tee time you want then you always have your second club;)

Nosevi

Head Pro
Visit site
Who is currently a member at more than one club? What made you decide to do this?

I like the club/muni course I'm at because: people are great, it's near, enjoyable course even if it's not the best kept, family members play here.

However, I fancy joining somewhere that: has better practice facilities, better greens, midweek comps etc.

Hi there Claw. I'm a member of 2 clubs for exactly the same reasons as you've said. One is a small 9 hole in my village called Potergate - very short, 9 holes but good for practice. Also pretty much empty for winter golf. The other is called Blankney - good pratice facilities SSS 73 and long enough so I can open my shoulders a bit with the driver.

Works well being a member of both as I can go between the two, missing comps when I want to get out etc and play a tight 9 holes or a long 18. Enjoy both.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im a member at 2 courses. At one stage i was a member at 4 clubs but you just end up not playing that often.

My 2nd club is as a country member which is very cheap, but TBH ive only played there half a dozen times this year. My main reason was they allow dogs, so intended to sneak over and play golf my when wife thought i was just walking the dogs.

Laka

Head Pro
Visit site
we are members at two clubs, our home course here in sweden and overseas members at saunton golf club. We like our home course, it is an challenge course with tricky green areas and long holes.. its a an open course. We love links play , so we decided to apply for membership and was accepted. we like to be overseas members, we get to know the courses and the members and the community. we can participate in local life in a better way as overseas members:D we get the best of two worlds:thup:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two clubs here as well. Muckhart is my home, and primary, club as it is a good club with 3 good 9 hole courses. I play there 95% of the time.
The second club I was coerced in to joining as it's where my wife's family are all members and so just had my head nipped about not being a member til I gave in.
The father-in-law used to be the pro there years agi and is still very protective of it even though it's a club full of t***ers.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm in two clubs that play over the same links so not sure that counts! North Berwick and the Bass Rock Golf Clubs. The second of those is really only for the extra competitions it allows me to play in.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in two clubs and that gives me access to nine courses. It covers the whole spectrum of golf, ranging from a small field to The Old Course whenever I'm able. In reality it gives me convenient access to about 3 courses.

Daft really, I think I need to go back to one club but it would mean leaving some friends behind and I can't bring myself to do that.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'm in two clubs and that gives me access to nine courses. It covers the whole spectrum of golf, ranging from a small field to The Old Course whenever I'm able. In reality it gives me convenient access to about 3 courses.

Daft really, I think I need to go back to one club but it would mean leaving some friends behind and I can't bring myself to do that.

You can grow to dislike some people ;)

How far from St Andrews do you stay?

Retread61

Assistant Pro
www.nutriment.co
I used to be a member at Merrist Wood and Guildford because of winter wetness at Merrist. Now I'm at Puttenham and have just joined Saunton Sands too because we have just bought a little place in Braunton. I'm very very lucky!!

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm currently at two after joining Bearwood Lakes in August. Got frustrated at some of the things happening at the other club, specifically around competitions and team matches.

Have kept the membership until March as I've still got friends there, but likely won't rejoin.

Practice facilities, course, service and club as a whole is on a different level at Bearwood Lakes. Just need to sort out the 'mates' bit!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm currently at two after joining Bearwood Lakes in August. Got frustrated at some of the things happening at the other club, specifically around competitions and team matches.

Have kept the membership until March as I've still got friends there, but likely won't rejoin.

Practice facilities, course, service and club as a whole is on a different level at Bearwood Lakes. Just need to sort out the 'mates' bit!

Is Ethan not at Bearwood? Could be wrong. But if not, he could be your mate...

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am but only because we moved house. I'll be back down to one when my RAGC membership runs out at the end of February. Being a member at two clubs is a bit pricey too pricey around here to make it an ongoing thing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am still considering joining another. My mate is a member of one down Surrey way (Reigate Hill, not to be confused with that Lydd like goat track called Redhill & Reigate) and if I can get county membership I might well join him.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I am still considering joining another. My mate is a member of one down Surrey way (Reigate Hill, not to be confused with that Lydd like goat track called Redhill & Reigate) and if I can get county membership I might well join him.

Great thing about the forum is I can play loads of top courses as a guest.:thup: About time someone from Sunningdale joined the forum though. No need to join a second one, though tempted by West Hill.

What are the qualifications to be a county member Martin ?