Me confused?!?!

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
I was recently told by my instructor to flare out my left foot and straighten my right foot. I used to have both feet flared out about the same so checking my alignment using a club along my toes was no problem. But now with the left foot flared and my right foot straight the left foot would be slightly behind the right.
If I laid a shaft down on the ground should I put it along my toes (would have to bring left foot forward) or along my heels?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had two pros who liked this method with the feet.

I guess if you laid a club toe-toe, and stepped away, the line would "appear" be a tiny bit open (left).....enough to cause problems?.....I don't reckon so.....

If you are worried, why not turn the feet as they were or just nudge the shaft a little forward (2 cm?) in front of the left toe.

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I''m not sure about going back to the way I was as I was told to do left foot toed out right foot straight by my instructor. I'll be back with him tomorrow so I will ask him about that

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a drill to allow more resistance on the backswing and a fuller release through the downswing. The line of your toes doesn't matter, and so long as the hips and shoulders are square you will be fine.

DCB

Visit site
I've been using something similar to help me turn through better as I strike the ball. Getting the body turn right keeps the hook at bay :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Did you have to cut your toenails in any special way!!

All sounds like correcting a fault with a new different fault!

Chris