Matrix 6Q3 Red Tie Shaft

Vardon11LDN

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Last week I snapped my driver shaft. I am awaiting the release of the new Titleist driver which I am going to be fitted for so in the meantime I do not want to spend loads on a shaft fitting as I do not hit my driver that often. To tide me over I have picked up a Matrix 6Q3 Red Tie in X Flex (£40 from Ebay) to replace my Project X Blue 6.5. One for all the shaft experts out there but what difference should I notice between the two?

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Last week I snapped my driver shaft. I am awaiting the release of the new Titleist driver which I am going to be fitted for so in the meantime I do not want to spend loads on a shaft fitting as I do not hit my driver that often. To tide me over I have picked up a Matrix 6Q3 Red Tie in X Flex (£40 from Ebay) to replace my Project X Blue 6.5. One for all the shaft experts out there but what difference should I notice between the two?

The PX shaft is bent like a banana. It takes some getting used to, but when you have, you can drive around corners

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
While spec-ed as 'mid spin', that's only in comparison with the Black/White Tie which are definitely low spin.

I find the Red Tie to be a bit 'dumb' in that there is not the 'normal' flick that I have come to expect from Matrix. However, if you like that style - it's certainly 'stable' - then it should pretty reasonable as an interim measure. From memory PX Blue was pretty much the same and it was only the TI versions (then the lighter Black) that had a a bit of feel.

I'd probably be better suited to a Regular in the Tie series, whereas I need Stiff in the Rul/Code/TP series otherwise I'm frightened to actually swing! The White Tie does look like it might suit me more than the other 2 though.

If you currently hit the PX a bit low, then the Red Tie should actually suit well! And many folk think they hit the ball too high where actually they could gain from higher launch - TM's 17/1700!

Last edited: