Match Play Against the Course

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Today's senior event was match play against the course. Par was a half, birdie was one up and bogey or worse was lost hole. I have never experienced this before. Ended up losing by ten holes.
:(
One consolation, I felt a bit more fit than recently. Perhaps my health has started to improve and I will begin to play better golf.
:)

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
We play a yearly comp' on this, the Commoners Cup. We call it 'bogey' golf. As luck would have it I won with a score of +2. Lowest return was - 16 I believe.

Found it a really great format, made you concentrate on every shot, but if you arsed up 1 hole it wasn't the end of the round.

John.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take it it was for a net par or net birdie etc, sounds like a good idea I might give it a go. Out of interest what was the winning score?

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
"I take it it was for a net par or net birdie etc, sounds like a good idea I might give it a go. Out of interest what was the winning score?"

Yes net scores. I did not stay to learn the result.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see more of this format. We used to play in teams of 4 (3 or 4 teams), with the best score from any of the 4 players counting...4 chances at net pars and birdies etc. some good team scores made.
Just like a different stableford type idea.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Foursomes bogey is an awesome game.

We have at least 3 comps that are bogey. Normally need about +7 to be in with a shout of winning.