Masters on the Beeb

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wolf

Visit site
Much prefer sky's coverage. As much as I used to like Allis et al having grown up with them, for me BBC coverage hasn't moved forward and Alliss still rolls out same old stuff.

It'll be Sky for me for all 4 days and I'm looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’ll probably watch Sky, and go to the bog or make a cuppa when adverts start.
Not a fan of the beebs commentators or presenters.

Visit site
I think you will find Sky only show 2x 2 minute adverts every hour during the Masters if I remember correctly from when I lived in the UK. The only downside is that you have to listen to Monthy drop references to the 2010 Ryder Cup almost constantly throughout the coverage along with “Now..come on here” when talking about every putt he comments on...

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think you will find Sky only show 2x 2 minute adverts every hour during the Masters if I remember correctly from when I lived in the UK. The only downside is that you have to listen to Monthy drop references to the 2010 Ryder Cup almost constantly throughout the coverage along with “Now..come on here” when talking about every putt he comments on...

Monty hasn't been on Sky for years and years now! You do get McGinley banging on and on though.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Good news for golf fans without Sky, plus the casual sports viewer.

I'll still be watching on Sky though, just my personal preference even if a couple of them do annoy me.

D

Deleted member 18588

Alliss has sadly become a parody of himself.

But, at least, he is only one annoyance. Sky has Butch "Are you kidding me?" Harmon, Mark "I love Tiger" Roe, some idiot called Radar and Paul McGinley who has soon become golf's equivalent of Boycott.

As for the advert breaks there's not a lot Sky can do about them as the TV feed is provided by the American broadcaster.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
BBC so out of touch.

Wonder if they will have Clare Balding and Gary Lineker hosting it.

Same old faces on the license fee gravy train.

D

Deleted member 18588

BBC so out of touch.

Wonder if they will have Clare Balding and Gary Lineker hosting it.

Same old faces on the license fee gravy train.

Could be worse.

It could be Sarah Stirk!

Every broadcaster has their share.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I enjoy the BBC commentary, it’s a bit more no thrills and it’s just about the golf - yep Allis prob should retire but the rest of the crew are really good - Azinger especially was really good.

This is only good news having golf on terrestrial telly

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only good news having it on terrestrial telly??????????????? If there was that much demand or the likes of BBC or anyone else were the remotely bit interested they could go out and provide more. They have no real interest in it and this and their Open coverage is really nothing more than lip service to the licence payer. Sky do golf so much better and thinks like the Masters and Open breakfast shows provide great analysis on the previous days action. I enjoy the likes or Rich Beem and Butch Harmon and they tend to tell it as it is regardless of the player. Yes there are the likes of Roe (who hopefully won't be anywhere near any of it) and McGinley who simply isn't cut out for a studio role but give me those over Cotter, Ken Brown and his daft on course antics and in particular Alliss.