Masters Betting - Whose Your Top 3?

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
Really looking forward to this now and am looking at the betting.

Who floats your boat this year?

Here's my 1-3. Which I will probably have a £5 each way on.

1. Lee Westwood - 14/1- Still no major, but just think that this year he will get his first, drives the ball exceptionally well, great approaches, if only he could putt!

2. Tiger Woods - 11/2 - Starting to move up the gears, again though putting is his achilles heel. Augusta is his tage though.

3. KJ Choi - 66/1 - Loves Augusta and always does well here, not a bad Each Way me thinks.

Other contenders -

McIlroy - Will be looking to atone for last years capitulation and get the No.1 spot back.

Mickelson - Driving and putting are wayward IMO, but boy can this guy recover! Almost as well as the great Seve.

Donald - Can not be ingnored and finished strongly last year. It's about time he won a major too!

Johnson - I do fancy Dustin to do well here, again dont think he's the best putter in the world though.

Scott - This guy would havee been my 4th choice, putting extremely well and his all round game aint bad either.

Who's your horse/s?

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Itll be perm any three from the usual suspects IMO.

However:

1) Mccilroy
2) Bradley
3) Dont care.

I feel like having a fairly larger wager on the first two.

As I cant get into betting sites at work - can someone post some indicative prices?

Thanks in advance.

Threeoffthetee

Club Champion
Visit site
Heart says: Donald, Rose, McIlroy

But, knowing that the Masters is all about knowing the course, and having a razor-sharp short game I think Steve Stricker should be considered.....not getting any younger but is deadly with a putter in his hands.

I just hope that the TV network realises that there are other golfers on the course apart from Tiger woods, and that in Europe there are some players worth pointing a camera at now and again.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's all about the greens isn't it,so you want someone plenty long off the tee with a good short game,IMO thats Westy and Donald out,Rory got to be a good shout but the odds are not worth bothering about,to get value for money it's an each way on the 33/1 and up.

Keegan (god I'm slow and like to gob) Bradley
Webb Simpson

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
1. Lee Westwood - 14/1- Still no major, but just think that this year he will get his first, drives the ball exceptionally well, great approaches, if only he could putt! - 16-1 ON SPORTING BET

2. Tiger Woods - 11/2 - Starting to move up the gears, again though putting is his achilles heel. Augusta is his tage though. 15-2 ON SPORTING BET

3. KJ Choi - 66/1 - Loves Augusta and always does well here, not a bad Each Way me thinks. - 80-1 ON BET365

You can get much better odds than those you quoted.

Personally think Stricker at 45-1 is great value.

As a real long shot I think Thomas Bjorn is worth a couple of quid at 150-1 with ladbrooks.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Itll be perm any three from the usual suspects IMO.

However:

1) Mccilroy
2) Bradley
3) Dont care.

I feel like having a fairly larger wager on the first two.

As I cant get into betting sites at work - can someone post some indicative prices?

Thanks in advance.

) Mccilroy 4/1
2) Bradley 33/1
3) Dont care 100/1

Pull

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I always like a bet on Fred Couples, played well over last few years here now he's playing regularly on the champions tour. If he has a good week or two before it i'll have a bet on him.

Donald will play a good game, don't have to be long to win. Remember Johnson won the masters without going for any par 5 green in two!

Maybe Adam Scott as well

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Westwood and Rose seem to show promise at the Masters so I think they have a chance this year. McIlroy has unfinished business after last year so he's my third pick.

PPE

Head Pro
Visit site
You're picking people who you admit are not good putters? Interesting... :confused:

Sort of. However, Westy's approaches are that good that he'll be ok. Tiger was the best clutch putter in the world and holed them from off lamp shades, I feel that the rest of his game is back on and WHEN the putter clicks (which judging by the rest of his game coming back to form this could follow suit) he will be awesome + Augusta National.........well, say no more!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Justin Rose for me. He's been in the final groups before and he's on top of his game at the moment. After him, I go for Rory and Luke, but the Masters has a habit of making a star of an also-ran, so when you place your bet, consider the money gone.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think Nick Watney is due a big win sooner rather than later.

My money (If I were a betting man) would be:

1. Nick Watney
2. Web Simpson
3. Luke Donald/Rory Mcilroy (Tied with others)

kevinmarkham

Assistant Pro
theirishgolfblog.com
Surprised no one has mentioned Schwartzel yet - he's had some good performances already this year and is coasting along nicely. He was 25/1 last time I looked. Or is there some sort of hoodoo over winning it back-to-back?

Adam Scott has to be in with a chance. Has grown hugely in confidence in last year or two.

I reckon Rose will be leading after Day 1 and/or Day 2 - he's a great starter at Augusta, but I'd place my third bet on McIlroy.