Marking card for initial handicap

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Evening, my husband has decided to join a club and finally get a handicap. I’m a member already at a club but we’re going to have a lite membership each at another club and play together there. Fast track to a divorce! ?
As a person with a current handicap am I likely to be able to mark his cards to get him started with accumulating handicap score? Also if we decided to submit casual rounds for handicap purposes, is acceptable for a couple to be doing that together?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening, my husband has decided to join a club and finally get a handicap. I’m a member already at a club but we’re going to have a lite membership each at another club and play together there. Fast track to a divorce! ?
As a person with a current handicap am I likely to be able to mark his cards to get him started with accumulating handicap score? Also if we decided to submit casual rounds for handicap purposes, is acceptable for a couple to be doing that together?
It is up to the handicap committee of your husband's club. They have to to decide if he is you are 'a person acceptable to the Handicap Committee' as Rule 4.4 puts it.

Last edited:

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
It is up to the handicap committee of your husband's club. They have to to decide if he is 'a person acceptable to the Handicap Committee' as Rule 4.4 puts it.
I’m the one with a handicap he’s wanting a handicap, so presumably it’s if I’m acceptable to the handicap committee of our new club?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m the one with a handicap he’s wanting a handicap, so presumably it’s if I’m acceptable to the handicap committee of our new club?
Yes. Sorry I should have written - they have to to decide if you are 'a person acceptable to the Handicap Committee' as Rule 4.4 puts it

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just read your club's rules and regs. They set the rules.

Perfectly acceptable where I play. We just require the marker to be someone with a handicap or someone a member of the committee has approved.