• Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Sky have all the majors again this year after getting the PGA back

BBC still have the Sat Sunday live af the Masters

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
US PGA starts on 16 May and US Open ends on 16 June.

So may be worth investigating a Now TV pass for 1 month that might enable you to watch 2 of 4 majors, with the Weekend coverage of the masters on the BBC, you might see 9 or 10 days out of the 1st 3 majors.

Not sure how Now tv works, but I think if all you cared about was watching 4 golf tournaments, it would be fairly cost effective to buy a pass for a month or a weekend.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
US PGA starts on 16 May and US Open ends on 16 June.

So may be worth investigating a Now TV pass for 1 month that might enable you to watch 2 of 4 majors, with the Weekend coverage of the masters on the BBC, you might see 9 or 10 days out of the 1st 3 majors.

Not sure how Now tv works, but I think if all you cared about was watching 4 golf tournaments, it would be fairly cost effective to buy a pass for a month or a weekend.

Also, if you were to take it out prior to Augusta, then cancel. Sky always offer a discount for another month.

Re op. Awesome news. Whether people like sky or not. Having them all on one subscription service is the cheapest way to watch them all.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Happy days.
Cancelled my sports a couple of month back as I wasn’t watching much sports.
But will get it back for the majors.

Good to have the choice 😁

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a massive fan of Sky's coverage, but very pleased it's all on one channel.

Do like Butch on commentry tho. How many times will we be able to here him say "He couldn't have walked it out there any better"?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
The Masters Tv committee still keeping the limitations on the tv coverage ?

Can’t stand their stance on this stuffy old w*****s

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No longer have sky, but glad it will all be on the one channel. Will just take out the weekly passes when needed or look into the monthly now tv passes where possible.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Seriously?
Sky's golf coverage is excellent, Mark Roe apart the commentary is really good and they offer as much coverage as the host broadcaster allows.

Fair enough. I accept that you and others like it. I personally find it stale, boring repetitive crap.

Dreadful presentation, outdated and way past it's sell by date.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Sky coverage is crap.

Can't wait till all the majors become streamed PPV.

I would rather stick with what I know than roll the dice on this one.

Sky could do with benching Mark Roe and Rob Lee, but everyone else is decent entertainment - plus when the majors roll round, Mark Roe is usually on the highlights show only.

The on course stuff from Radar and Coltart in particular is excellent. 100 times better than any of the coverage we see from CBS.

Not sure what you think would be improved by moving to a different broadcaster.

My understanding is that Golf TV will be a must to watch much golf from 2022 onwards.
Not sure if Sky will still have any coverage beyond then, or if there is still a deal to be done.