Macwet mesh gloves

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just in a shop and come across these. Heard the macwets are the daddies. But the mesh on the back of the hand and fingers. Surely your hands will get wet and cold. Are they any good for £22.50. Thoughts please.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just in a shop and come across these. Heard the macwets are the daddies. But the mesh on the back of the hand and fingers. Surely your hands will get wet and cold. Are they any good for £22.50. Thoughts please.

great in the wet and you tend to get a better grip the wetter they get. If its cold though they get even colder because they stay wet. great for summer, freezing in winter.

But you should be fine down south, nice and warn down there all year round;)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are best for summer, I would buy in an instant if I wasnt a fair weather golfer.

I dont want to play when its wet and cold in winter but I do when its a warmer wet day.

Buy them, you will not regret it.

BTW for those cold dry winter days buy winter playing gloves. Slip them inside Mitts for ultra warmth and playability in cold weather.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The ones with the mesh are the summer ones. The Climatec are the winter ones.

I have both and don't find my hands are cold in them in the winter.

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
probably best £20 quid i've spent on golf gear, my hands do get cold though and no good if you remove your glove for putting as once on you won't be taking off until finished

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s too much of a faff taking on and off for putting.

Normal gloves I do take off, these I don’t.

I have yet to lose a match play game wearing macwets, I see them as a good luck charm.

I remember one time I forgot them and was up 4 at the turn, the rain came out and I lost the match. Never going to forgot them again!

Tashyboy

Visit site
The ones with the mesh are the summer ones. The Climatec are the winter ones.

I have both and don't find my hands are cold in them in the winter.

Cheers chellie bits the climatec ones i am after. 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have the mesh version and never have an issue even in the winter. Work a treat in the rain and one of my better purchases. I do need a new pair though as the stitching is going after three-four years

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm about to replace my MacWets.

Now I see I can buy Mizuno or Srixon rain gloves for half the price, has anyone got any views on these offerings? I know how good the Mac's are and was wondering how the others compare? I don't mind paying double for the Mac's as I know they are quality and work but on the other hand I know Srixon and Mizuno also don't make poop products.

My Mizuno winter gloves are the best gardening gloves I've ever owned!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm about to replace my MacWets.

Now I see I can buy Mizuno or Srixon rain gloves for half the price, has anyone got any views on these offerings? I know how good the Mac's are and was wondering how the others compare? I don't mind paying double for the Mac's as I know they are quality and work but on the other hand I know Srixon and Mizuno also don't make poop products.

My Mizuno winter gloves are the best gardening gloves I've ever owned!

The Mizuno ones are OK, your hands don't get as cold as the macs, but it seems you can buy winter ones too. Mizuno are a bit more plasticy IMO

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I too heard about MAC wets several years ago and could not believe that open mesh backs on them for a glove that was touting itself as waterproof.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I too heard about MAC wets several years ago and could not believe that open mesh backs on them for a glove that was touting itself as waterproof.

This was kinda my point Jim. They were comfy on but the mesh bit kinda defeated the object a bit for me. Thought my hands would get very cold in the winter. I have a pair of FJ gloves. Might stick with them for the time being.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate wears them in hot weather as his hands sweat a lot!
He swears by them.
In winter he just wears large mitts over the top of them.

I tried them but they felt uncomfortable on my right hand ( right handed golfer) but really good in the rain on my left.