LPGA whats in the bag got me thinking

A

Alex1975

I know it's a couple of weeks since my last post on this subect but I work away,I managed to get my hands on a Burner 09 5H for the pricely sum of £20 and could not pass it up at that price.
Took it to the range and it's a piece of cake to hit, surprisingly I hit my 5iron equally well and distances were similar.So booked in for a launch monitor session on Thursday to try and figure out the best yardage gaps between the 3 wood and 6 iron,throwing in a 5 wood for confussion purposes as well.
SO that will be 3w,5w,3h (19),4h (22), 5h (25), 5i 24 and 6i at 26.5. it will be interesting thats for sure.

Looking like an ok line up... 24* for a 5 iron though... thats for another topic that we have already done to death I guess.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
after watching the pros spray it all over the place with hybrids ive come to the conclusions that one hits the long sticks well. you are best staying out of trouble and avoiding these card destroying clubs. this includes woods.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well back from the launch monitor session and its as you were for me 5 iron was way more consistent than the 5 hybrid,especially in the wind today. The 19 hybrid stays as it was around 10 yards shorter than the 5 wood but again more consistent,anyway I can always hit the 3 wood.
The surprise came with the driver, I thought I had the settings nailed at 11.25 open, launch was 20 degrees and spin near 4000rpm, driver now set at 9 degrees and spin down to 3200 but still launching at 16 degrees. It did gain me 25 yards though,but the pro thinks a different shaft may get me 15-20 more yards. ss was still mince at 90 mph though (must go to the gym!)