Loving the match play, but ….

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Laura Davies is the one where I find myself looking for the mute button. She's just so overly nice and it gets very annoying, very quickly. I would love to play a round with her (ooh err!) as I'm sure she would be great company, but I just don't think her persona works as a commentator.

Mark Roe seems to have disappeared, which is a great shame :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Disgraceful comment on Gower. He was one of the best commentators and presenters on cricket there has ever been!

Disgraceful? Why? I can’t stand him as a commentator. Am I not entitled to say so?

Sorry. It appears I have totally misunderstood the purpose of forum participation.

🙄

Springveldt

Visit site
In match play players are now allowed to play out of turn by agreement (on a shot by shot basis).
The commentators said something about then not being able to do that as a referee was with them.

Thought both of Rory’s matches yesterday were great, some cracking golf being played. Think Rory was something like -14 for both rounds yet went the full 18 I’m both games.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The commentators said something about then not being able to do that as a referee was with them.

Thought both of Rory’s matches yesterday were great, some cracking golf being played. Think Rory was something like -14 for both rounds yet went the full 18 I’m both games.

Commentators and them knowing the rules:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Disgraceful? Why? I can’t stand him as a commentator. Am I not entitled to say so?

Sorry. It appears I have totally misunderstood the purpose of forum participation.

🙄
You are of course entitled to your utterly bizarre opinions, and indeed to voice them. I'm also entitled to point out just how bizarre they are :)

HTH

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You are of course entitled to your utterly bizarre opinions, and indeed to voice them. I'm also entitled to point out just how bizarre they are :)

HTH

Agreed. But are you not capable of disagreeing without branding someone’s opinion as disgraceful?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate McGinley, I can't even really pinpoint why. He just seems so insipid. Laura Davies is ok but she constantly underestimates the players and makes herself look stupid. e.g. "he'll be doing well to get it inside 10 feet here" before they knock it to about 18 inches with ease, to her eternal surprise.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
PM’s comment that I remember most from this past week…

Players that win their first match go through 80% of the time.

How does that work when most groups have 2 players that win their first match? Could happily live without his commentary.

Dougherty, Beemer and Radar favourites but quite like Laura Davies too.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
PM’s comment that I remember most from this past week…

Players that win their first match go through 80% of the time.

How does that work when most groups have 2 players that win their first match? Could happily live without his commentary.

Dougherty, Beemer and Radar favourites but quite like Laura Davies too.

This weeks main Mcginley annoyance for me was his insistance that players "dominated stat categories"! I didnt here the above one thankfully as that takes the biscuit Gary

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This weeks main Mcginley annoyance for me was his insistance that players "dominated stat categories"! I didnt here the above one thankfully as that takes the biscuit Gary

I didn’t notice that, I must be developing some sort of immunity to him 😂

He should get on one of the more lengthy threads on here though since the guy that “dominated” the putting stats and was way behind in the others won the thing.

sunshine

Visit site
I hate McGinley, I can't even really pinpoint why. He just seems so insipid. Laura Davies is ok but she constantly underestimates the players and makes herself look stupid. e.g. "he'll be doing well to get it inside 10 feet here" before they knock it to about 18 inches with ease, to her eternal surprise.
Yeah Laura Davies seems to have no idea how good these guys are.

You hear her congratulating a player on a great shot to find the green while the camera pans round to the player looking thoroughly disgusted that he didn’t get it within 10 feet.
I have a vague recollection of her saying great shot when someone chipped on to the green, but the ball then rolled off the green 🤦‍♂️

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
McGinley is the worst....comes across like he has a massive chip on his shoulder. Both him and Dame Laura call the inadequacy / success of shots far too early - that massively bugs me although the latter will correct herself. I think Dame Laura is pleasant though; I feel like, because he delved into all the stats and every detail for his Ryder Cup captaincy, McGinley feels his superior knowledge ought to be heard and listened to! Montgomery is another difficult listen.

I find Ewan Murray quite comforting and inoffensive, even with the babbling.... his tone, cadence etc. suits golf in my opinion - certainly when they back highlights like on Full Swing and they've used his audio it adds to it. I don't mind Inci, Coltart, Beem, Riley or Dougherty.... I find Lee and Barter quite annoying and just never feel like Stirk is happy to be there!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like Ewen Murray's voice, but I do question when he goes into full Butch Harmon mode and tries to tell us exactly what went wrong with say, Scheffler's or McIlroy's shot. "hands in front of the ball" or "turned the club over" etc. Not sure what his credentials are to be saying that. :LOL: I am aware he was a touring pro donkey's years ago but I don't think he uprooted any trees.

mister v

Visit site
I cant work out if McGinley likes or dislikes rory, he's always having a sly little dig at him. I think McGinley was a little miffed when rory pulled out of the Irish open that he was hosting (2019)