Lost ball - heading back to tee ground

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Convinced.

:thup:

One thing that does stand out in this situation is the fact that if the ruling was such that a 'recall' truly cancelled the play of the provisional, then the golfer who played it is not in control of his own destiny - something that seems pretty fundamental to the game. He certainly wouldn't be keen to find his first ball, so any search would be token at best.

Unless by the Ruling Bodies, no.

A ruling made by a referee only stands for that incident and may be corrected by the referee or the committee.

That seems reasonable - otherwise huge responsibility on individual ROs

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
My argument was that if a stroke is cancelled then any consequences of that stroke are also cancelled (like putting the PB into play). That Decision says differently which is fine. Duncan is, I expect, showing that if I applied my argument to his illustration, the stroke at the wrong ball would not result in loss of hole penalty as it too would be cancelled because it had been recalled. Yes, no?

basically yes, but Foxholer found a flaw in the way I had worded the question because the provisional issue goes away as a WB is a WB to either.

as to walking alone - I had missed a few posts in the thread (somehow, I'm usually carefull to review before replying), inc reference to the relevant decision (which I knew of but still had to find...could have saved me time for another cuppa!)

I think the key point is it only becomes a cancelled shot when recalled - therefore certain consequences of making it must apply and not end up revoked or whatever!