Lost 7-iron- help!

Jamie1873

Hacker
Visit site
Hi folks.
Looking for a bit of advice.

I mistakenly left my 7-iron on the practice bay at a course that I was visiting. As yet it hasn't been handed in, however I'm still hoping it may turn up.

If, however, it doesn't, what would my options be?
It was a 716 AP2 7-iron, so pretty tough to get hold of a single club replacement with the 718's being everywhere now. Tempted to go through home insurance, but not sure how that would work.

Has anyone had similar experiences or has any advice?

Cheers.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I guess the good thing is that the 7 iron is normally the club used for fitting so as Duncan says, you should be able to pick one up on Ebay pretty easily.

The only issue would be if you have yours custom fit in anyway, that may be more tricky but you could always get the pro to modify it as long as you find the correct shaft.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only thing about the demo irons is that have special hosels so that shaft changes are quick and easy. The shaft that comes with them is not a true to length and weight shaft because of the hosel fitting so make sure you by the correct shaft for the club. (eg the Titleist demo shaft is actually and 8 iron shaft)

Home insurance would probably insist on replacing the single iron only if a replacement can be found and you then have to take the excess in to account.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Once you factor in your excess and increase in premiums you will probably find it’s cheaper to go directly and order a new one from your pro and a pro shop.

Jamie1873

Hacker
Visit site
So there's still no sign of the iron.

I have, however, found a local(ish) shop willing to split up a 2nd hand 716 AP2 set and sell me the iron for £90.
Mad they would do this, but hey-ho.

At least that's a back up option should the current holder decide to be unscrupulous!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So there's still no sign of the iron.

I have, however, found a local(ish) shop willing to split up a 2nd hand 716 AP2 set and sell me the iron for £90.
Mad they would do this, but hey-ho.

At least that's a back up option should the current holder decide to be unscrupulous!

It would make more sense to find a second hand set on ebay and resell the rest of the clubs

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I lost an 8 iron at a course once, phoned for weeks after and no one handed it in. In the end claimed on my golf insurance.

Jamie1873

Hacker
Visit site
It would make more sense to find a second hand set on ebay and resell the rest of the clubs

More hassle that way I would say, and if still have to take a bit when selling the remaining clubs.

My pro has been kind enough to lend me a demo 718 AP2 7-iron for a couple of weeks to see if the club turns up.
Fingers crossed.

Appreciate the responses.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
More hassle that way I would say, and if still have to take a bit when selling the remaining clubs.

My pro has been kind enough to lend me a demo 718 AP2 7-iron for a couple of weeks to see if the club turns up.
Fingers crossed.

Appreciate the responses.

I lost an 8 iron on a course a few months ago (cobra fly-z plus). It has never turned up, and I have not seen it on the bay. Luckily, the next iteration of this club (king forged) is pretty much identical apart from the paint fill, so I ended up buying the single club from cobra and all is good (though the second hand value of the set has probably gone through the floor).

I reckon if you can keep the demo for a bit you'll find out if the 718 is close enough to just get the single club. In the meantime, if you keep an eye on ebay I reckon that ap2s are common enough that one will turn up sooner rather than later and you can slot it back in.