losing / finding a club

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was playing a round this morning and on the 9th green I laid down my 60* wedge and took up the putter. When I got home I realised I’d left the club on the 9th.

By the time I got back it was gone and no one had handed it in to the leisure centre. Was gutted.

But im equally annoyed that someone on the course behind me found it and kept it.

Its probably very tempting to keep a club you find. Same as finding a £50 note on the ground I suppose.

Ever lost or found a club when out playing? What would you do (if you dare to say!)?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Must have found 20 or 30 clubs overs the years, along with headcovers, lasers, gps units, wallets, keys etc. Always hand them in, wouldnt think to do otherwise but thats not how everyone thinks these days sadly

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've left the occasional club by a green but always remembered a hole or 2 later and always got it back.
I've found a few and always handed them in.
Mind you if it was a new Scotty......Mmm....:whistle:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’ve found a few wedges around the green & handed them in.
Found a G20 5w head,whilst looking for my ball amongst the trees a few year back.
Gave it a clean and got it reshafted 😁

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
one member picked a club up, forgot it was in his bag after the round and it stayed in the bag until his next visit, 3 weeks later the club was re-united with its owner,

could be a genuine reason the club wasn't handed in, try telephoning the club in a few days time,

who knows, the finder could of still been on the course or in the bar when you returned

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was playing a round this morning and on the 9th green I laid down my 60* wedge and took up the putter. When I got home I realised I’d left the club on the 9th.

By the time I got back it was gone and no one had handed it in to the leisure centre. Was gutted.

But im equally annoyed that someone on the course behind me found it and kept it.

Its probably very tempting to keep a club you find. Same as finding a £50 note on the ground I suppose.

Ever lost or found a club when out playing? What would you do (if you dare to say!)?

little tip for the future, lay your wedge over the flagstick once its removed from the hole, its much harder to lose a club that way.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’d find out who was playing behind me and get in touch (confront) them, if it was left on the green, then quite simply they have it and need reminding it’s theft to keep it 😡

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All the clubs I’ve found have been right handed and being left handed even if I wanted to keep it I wouldn’t be able to use it.

I found a laser the other week and handed it in at the pro shop, ask about it this morning and was still there.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have found clubs, left them in the bag forgotten about them and handed them in the next time I played

Don't just ask once.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve left a club by the green, realised on the next hole. Jogged back to the following group who said they had seen it but didn’t know whose it was so left it there! So I had to jog all the way back to retrieve it. The other week I found a head cover on the first, picked it up and found the guy playing the 3rd as I played the 2nd that runs parallel the other way and handed it to him. I then found the same head cover on the 7th. By this time his 2 ball was long gone so handed it into the pro shop.
Found a few clubs over the years and handed them all in.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Give it a day or so. Someone may have picked it up and stuck in the bag and not had time/forgot to hand it in yet. I've lost a club and it's infuriating. If I see any golfing gear on the course I'll always pick it up and hand it in, and think the majority of members would do the same. Sadly, there will always be some of the "finders keepers" mindset

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Left my 9 iron on the par 3 5th today, I was halfway up the par 5 6th when the young lad following my group ran up with it. He must have had to run 250 yards each way.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Lost my 60° then 2 weeks later my PW from my set I was more gutted about that than the 60° no one handed any of them in, took me a couple of months to let that go, I have found a snapped r11 driver in a bin I took the head an sold it on ebay, found some head covers, winter mats, and a 56° sm5 all were handed in, I would never just keep an item I found on course but anywhere else might be different

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I lost my sand wedge during a round this winter (it must have fallen out of my bag on the way back to the clubhouse, actually, I am pretty sure I did not leave it at a green, because I remember my mum handing it to me after putting out on the last hole, and I did not notice it was gone until a week later). Someone had found it and put it into the lost & found, though, so all good.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
lost an 8 iron from my Taylormade tour burner set - I made several phone calls and no one handed anything in - quite annoying if you ask me; thought someone would have handed it in.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I left an 8 iron and a putter on the 3rd green on Friday. Got delivered to me to the 4th tee. But I think I would have noticed a missing putter very quickly.