Loose glue in driver shaft

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think it’s a little bit of loose glue that is going up and down the shaft when I swing it... or even just flip it over different directions I can hear it move and it’s driving me potty...

Is there anyway of getting this out without having to take grip off then pay for a regrip? I’m thinking of selling it anyway so would rather not have to pay for a regrip

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Can your pro not blow it off, either with a grip gun and solvent or by means of compressed air?

Tip out the offending article. Reuse the grip. Job done.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it’s a little bit of loose glue that is going up and down the shaft when I swing it... or even just flip it over different directions I can hear it move and it’s driving me potty...

Is there anyway of getting this out without having to take grip off then pay for a regrip? I’m thinking of selling it anyway so would rather not have to pay for a regrip
Google how to remove a golf grip and reuse it, there's a video on YouTube, you'll need a thin metal strip, some white spirit and some patience.
I managed to do it :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Google how to remove a golf grip and reuse it, there's a video on YouTube, you'll need a thin metal strip, some white spirit and some patience.
I managed to do it :D

That can work but can stretch the grip if you're not careful.
I would suggest you take it to your local pro who would do it in few minutes for peanuts.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pay your pro to do it. It really will cost very little.

But if you really, really want to save those pennies, then just cut the shaft in half, tip out the offending bit and stick everything back together with araldite :rolleyes:

Robin Hood

Visit site
Pay your pro to do it. It really will cost very little.

But if you really, really want to save those pennies, then just cut the shaft in half, tip out the offending bit and stick everything back together with araldite :rolleyes:
Have you seen the price of araldite. 🙀
Just use some gaffer tape.
You could even put a dowel into the shaft for extra strength and flex.
Job done..........

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The actual club is not mentioned

Remember if it is a metal shaft and you push something through the hole in the grip it will 'puncture' the tape covering the end of the shaft and allow water ingress and increase the chances of the shaft rusting out.

So if using the glue method ensure you leave the club upside down to let the glue cover the hole until it sets.