New Cobra Speedzone WITHOUT Arccos sensor?

rystaman

Visit site
Hi all,

I bought a new and wrapped Cobra Speedzone 3W from Golfbidder (example link of the batch they have in, mine was stiff flex - https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/1142634/Cobra_KING_Speedzone.html) which came today and it's arrived with a standard Lamkin grip on rather than the Arccos sensor within the grip which all the new Speedzone's came with back when they were on the shelves.

The club itself is wrapped and the grip too so it is brand new. I've checked the face and it is indeed the Cobra Speedzone NOT the new Cobra Speedzone S (which I've posted about before) that has a slightly different face, different shaft and no Arccos sensor. The face also has the sticker on that says "Activate your new smart club with Arccos Caddie" which can be seen in the link posted above.

I suppose 2 questions on this:

1. Has anyone experienced this before with Cobra Speedzone clubs even though all new Speedzones should come with an Arccos sensor?

2. Could this be a fake club at all? From the Golfbidder brand I wouldn't have thought so but not sure.

For the price, I wonder if it's worth keeping even without the sensor? Just concerned I'm not getting the actual Cobra Speedzone 3W?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably worth phoning Golfbidder themselves to ask why the sensor isn't there isn't it?

I have two Arcos sensors knocking about at home if you need one. Not sure you can actually fix it to a normal grip though?

rystaman

Visit site
Probably worth phoning Golfbidder themselves to ask why the sensor isn't there isn't it?

I have two Arcos sensors knocking about at home if you need one. Not sure you can actually fix it to a normal grip though?

I did call them before I bought it and they said they'd give me a free return if it didn't come with a sensor but don't know if they have the details of why it's not actually there as the grip is just a bog standard Lamkin Crossline Black (I believe).

It's probably not a complete dealbreaker that it doesn't have one as for £139.99 new it's a lot of club for the money, but obviously the concern of it being fake is probably the main thing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golfbidder is a very well known and reputable company, so I imagine a fake wouldn't slip through their net, but you never know I guess.

Perhaps you should phone Cobra-Puma UK and ask them if they ever released any Speedzones that didn't have the Arcos sensors in. Maybe they could even guide you on checking for serial numbers (I'm just spit-balling here though as never done any of this myself).

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All the OEMs that partner with Arccos give you the option to specify a non- Arccos version of the grip so just because it doesn't have one there's no need to worry about it being fake, especially if it's from Golfbidder

rystaman

Visit site
All the OEMs that partner with Arccos give you the option to specify a non- Arccos version of the grip so just because it doesn't have one there's no need to worry about it being fake, especially if it's from Golfbidder

Ah that’s good to hear, probably why it was at a lower price point too. Still a lot of club for the money. Thought it was odd it still has the sticker on the face with the smart club text though. Maybe it’s just boilerplate on the face then the grip where the sensor would have been was sorted out later in the club building process.

And tbf, I don’t use Arccos now, so not sure the benefit if just one of my clubs had a sensor in