looking for a new stand bag

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had the following stand bags:

Sun Mountain Lite stand bag - protective cushioning split on front of the carry bag down to the plastic.

Callaway Hyperdry Lite stand bag - protective cushioning split on front of the carry bag down to the plastic. This was after a few months use carrying 8 clubs only

Ben Sayers Hydra Pro waterproof stand bag - so far so good.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The legs on my Titleist StaDry snapped after a month, swapped it for a Sun Mountain which seems to eat straps as there's a design fault in the cheap plastic strap adjusters they use. It's now Robobag as I had to fit two small steel carabinas to get it to work.
Also had a pocket zip failure on my Sun Mountain, I wouldn't buy one again for sure.

I'm pretty sure Titleist branded bags are made by Sun Mountain.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I recommend the Sun Mountain 2.5. It's very light and reasonably sturdy. I walk and carry about 100 rounds a year. The bag usually lasts about two years. I always try to find last year's model as they are about 30% cheaper.

D

Deleted member 1147

Ping - I will only buy Ping stand bags! My current one is about 10 years old, and has plenty of life left in it.

sunshine

Visit site
Had a couple of Callaway bags - dreadful quality, won't be buying them again
Nike bag - fantastic, shame they don't do bags any more
Now have a Big Max Aqua hybrid - not had it long enough to comment on wear and tear, but it is definitely very waterproof, has loads of pockets for a waterproof bag (important to me), but is heavy compared to the Nike bag.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sun Mountain are as good as they get waterproof wise but they're not cheap.

Do you have a budget?

Zips went on mine just after 2yrs, crap customer service, no help, Won’t buy into their brand again.

Now have a Big Max Aqua hybrid - not had it long enough to comment on wear and tear, but it is definitely very waterproof, has loads of pockets for a waterproof bag (important to me), but is heavy compared to the Nike bag.

I have this now, excellent bag, really put it through some terrible weather, and was brilliant. Had a minor issue with a zip and a new bag was sent out very quickly, it’s a yes from me for Big Max ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Zips went on mine just after 2yrs, crap customer service, no help, Won’t buy into their brand again.

I have this now, excellent bag, really put it through some terrible weather, and was brilliant. Had a minor issue with a zip and a new bag was sent out very quickly, it’s a yes from me for Big Max ?

Well mine is 7yrs old and still in very good nick ??