Looking for a coach....

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm based in Sutton, Surrey and looking for a Golf Pro to set up a few lessons. A pro with decent practice facilities, ideally a launch monitor, and that comes highly recommended would be ideal. Could anyone from the area recommend one to me? Not too fussed about travelling a fair distance, I use the driving range at New Malden World of Golf, but not overly keen on getting a pro there, but anywhere half an hour or just over from Sutton would be ideal. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

NMac

Visit site
Hi, I can highly recommend Joey Carlisle at the world of Golf in Sidcup, although a bit of a trek for you. But if you are already at the world of golf it might be worth giving them a try as I have been impressed with the pro's at the world of golf.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had mixed experiences with the beginner group sessions at World of Golf, but Ian Clark comes very highly regarded. Anyone had lessons with Ian? What about Jason Banting or Steve Blacklee? Resume's looks quite impressive on their websites, anyone used them?

Last edited:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had mixed experiences with the beginner group sessions at World of Golf, but Ian Clark comes very highly regarded. Anyone had lessons with Ian? What about Jason Banting or Steve Blacklee? Resume's looks quite impressive on their websites, anyone used them?

I had a club fitting with Jason Banting and was very impressed. Had he been more local to me, I would have had lessons too.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Dad plays at Cumberwell.

Other than the Golf Monthly connection, why do you particularly recommend him?

He worked at one of my courses for 5 years.
Look at his CV.
Sound 'no nonsense' coach. At his time with me, he was quite young, but you could see that he was going to be good.
During that period he worked and played with three or four English International players.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm based in Sutton, Surrey and looking for a Golf Pro to set up a few lessons. A pro with decent practice facilities, ideally a launch monitor, and that comes highly recommended would be ideal. Could anyone from the area recommend one to me? Not too fussed about travelling a fair distance, I use the driving range at New Malden World of Golf, but not overly keen on getting a pro there, but anywhere half an hour or just over from Sutton would be ideal. Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Hi Dan,

Depending how far you want to travel, I can recommend:
Frazer Amey - Westerham GC, Kent (no launch monitor, but a great coach)
Ben - Kings Hill, nr West Malling, Kent (great facilities and spoke a lot of sense when he and I discussed driver shafts. Have heard good things)
Matt Barber - Chelsfield Lakes, Orpington, Kent (not sure about launch monitor, but he's very, very good)
Two other courses in Surrey, where the facilities are good are Farleigh and Suttton Green. Can only vouch for the pros at Sutton Green though, who from a couple of people I know are said to be very good.

OddSocks on here is at Farleigh and can probably provide more.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

@Mattyboy You don't happen to know how much Simon Peaford charges for lessons do you? Walton Heath looks awesome, would love to play there!