Looking a bit wet for the weekend

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Weather forecast not looking too good for the weekend.

Full waterproofs and umbrella at the ready.
Hate playing in the rain but it's an all weather game after all.

I keep the outer shell in the bag unless required and generally opt for the umbrella approach.

What are your opinions of rain gloves? I have a pair in the bag but tend to soldier on unless the rain gets too heavy and affecting swing due to wet grips and hands. Very rarely worn them but have to say that they stopped club twist remarkably. It just doesn't feel right playing golf in a pair of gloves somehow.

G

guest100718

Got 4somes semi final tomorrow. Looking a bit breezy.... I have rain glove but they work by absorbing the water and make your hand freeze.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have some of those FJ rain gloves - one on each hand. Feel a bit like suede and they are actually fairly good. Lets be honest none of us without a caddie can keep everything dry so they are the next best thing

D

Deleted member 1147

We've got a round at Sherwood Forest tomorrow as our place is hosting the Midland Open.
Looking forward to it, but don't fancy the heavy rain that's forecast. We'll see if these heathland tracks really do drain as well as people say.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I suppose the good thing is its warmer so with the wet weather gloves your hands won't be freezing as someone else mentioned.

Its due to be nice here tomorrow, but i shall not be playing, ripped intercostal, 2 weeks off at least.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today in the first round of the Lady Captains final. It was horrendous. Waterproofs, umbrella and macwets needed all the way round. Finished 6th though. Forecast even worse for tomorrow.

Nobbi

Medal Winner
Visit site
Iv got my first EVER club medal sunday . Supposed to hammering down. Hoping a lot don't show really, Iv been given a 19 handicap around a month ago and have improved massively . Play like I can and I may score well.
it's only right we all get to be a bandit once isn't it 😅

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Medal for me tomorrow. Rain and 20mph winds forecast so not too bad really. Forecast looks pretty bad from midday onwards though. 40-60mph gusts. I should be home and dry by then!

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
7am to 2pm = 40% chance of rain.
2pm - 6pm = 70% chance of rain.
6pm - midnight = 40% chance of rain.
Upto 25mph E/ESE winds.

My tee time in the autumn medal is 2:50 so I'm out exactly in the worst of it. Just my luck. Hopefully this will turn out to be another incorrect forecast.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Biggy for us tomorrow, memorial for a junior captain who passed away in a car accident. Heavy rain forecast all day with winds up to 20mph until noon. We tee off at 11.56 and at that time they are predicting that the winds will increase to in excess of 40mph. Nice.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Supposed to be playing at West Sussex on Sunday. Forecast not looking good and feeling a bit "meh" at the moment so may well call it off.
It was a surprise present bought by my wife and I'd really like to play the course in glorious sunshine and lighter winds if possible.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looked at the radar forecast last night, said it would be torrential until 9ish
suns out and barely a breath of wind currently :rolleyes:

I'm outta here :fore:

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Comp abandoned whilst we are just about to play our 2nd shots in the 17th. Was pretty brutal in places with terrential rain and high winds. Very up and down round for me. From the sublime to the ridiculous!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The forecast heavy rain and gale force winds scared away a lot of players today but the 40+mph winds failed to materialise. Although it was a bit breezy and there was the odd shower we played the majority of the round in shirt sleeves.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Absolute downpour for about 40 minutes and strong (20-25 mph) winds. Greens were a bit softer than on late but still quick. COuld have been much worse according the forecast. More showers due tomorrow for the stableford