Long long lay off.

Griffin

Visit site
I have recently started playing again after a lay off of 20 years or so,I was a low handicap playing Ram Tour Grind blades. The clubs themselves are still in great nick, but I am finding them a little frustrating at times. To be fair I've only played a couple of rounds but hit the practise range several times. Should I be looking at something a little more forgiving? I don't want to splash out too much yet until I know what I'm really after.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Griffin
Welcome to the forum,
Theres an awful lot of clubs around now that will offer you a fair bit more help than the rams but still be very playable, look at Titleist AP2, Mizuno MP54 and Taylor made TPs to name a few. have fun trying them out, modern clubs are superb pieces of equipment

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I still have to 710 Ap2s that you can pick up for just over £200. They should be ideal for you(not mine). Try before you buy.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I have recently started playing again after a lay off of 20 years or so,I was a low handicap playing Ram Tour Grind blades. The clubs themselves are still in great nick, but I am finding them a little frustrating at times. To be fair I've only played a couple of rounds but hit the practise range several times. Should I be looking at something a little more forgiving? I don't want to splash out too much yet until I know what I'm really after.

Lovely clubs, they were my first set and I got down to 2 h/cap with them.

Buy whatever clubs you can hit.... probably worth going to your local pro shop and trying a few club/shaft combo's.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome along. Rather than splash the cash on different bats why not have a lesson and just see if it's a small flaw in the technique. Might be a quicker and cheaper fix and if not, have a look at the smaller cavity versions.