Long driver shaft

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hoping some of you can help. As most will know my driver is in the naughty bag and being left at home.

I decided to compare the length of my driver against the 3 wood and there is 3 inches difference. The driver is 46inches and the 3wood 43 with the clubs in address position and measuring down the shaft from grip to floor.

Is 3 inches difference normal between the two clubs?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends on the brands, but 46 and 43 are common lengths for the driver and 3 wood respectively. In the old days, 43 was the typical length of a driver, and Sergio still uses one around that length. You might find that both clubs behave better with an inch or so trimmed off them.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried holding the driver so that it wasn't toe up and found I was gripping 3" down on the grip, almost over the end of the grip. I setup exactly the same for the 3 wood and gripped and inch down.

How much does it cost to have them down, roughly?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried holding the driver so that it wasn't toe up and found I was gripping 3" down on the grip, almost over the end of the grip. I setup exactly the same for the 3 wood and gripped and inch down.

How much does it cost to have them down, roughly?

Should be fairly cheap. Whack off grip, cut shaft at butt end, regrip.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great, I might drop them into a proshop before I go away on Wednesday and pick them up when I get back in a week. It's cheaper than reshafting for now and might just do the job

T

thecraw

Great, I might drop them into a proshop before I go away on Wednesday and pick them up when I get back in a week. It's cheaper than reshafting for now and might just do the job

Do it yourself and be a man!

Stanley knife to get rid of the grip.
New grip and tape from Gamola or similar.
Turps/white spirit/petrol.
Hack saw and a bit of masking tape.
Measuring tape or rule.

Whack off the grip, measure desired length to be chopped. Wrap a couple of layers of masking tape round the cut line and saw it off.

Put grip tape on, use the white spirit or whatever and put on new grip. Jobs a good un!

D

Deleted member 3432

Iv'e just had mine shortened by 1/2 inch by my pro. Charged me £3 to remove grip, cut down shaft, fit 3 layers of tape and refit existing grip.

Don't normally mind doing it myself but for that money why bother!