Long back swing with putter. Help needed.

TPO77

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all

I seem to have developed an unnecessarily long back swing with the putter. Inevitably this leads to deceleration on shorter putts and seems to lead to quite a few pulls as well. Anyone got any drills or suggestions to try and work through this? Also any general putting drills anyone has found useful would be a big help too.

Thanks

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
When you practise your putting, place tee's in the ground just outside your right foot and the same on your left foot. Use this as a guide to take the utter back and through to, put more tee pegs further out for longer puts and with plenty of practise on a level green you will get to know how far each goes. Just alter the length of back swing, keep the through swing the same distance, same speed no matter how far back you go. This will give you more consistency.

To make the strike more centred you could also make a gate for the putter head with a couple more tee's stuck in the ground just wider than the putter head. This is something you can even practice ingraining at home just place markers on the carpets don't worry about where the balls goes too much, just the stroke and strike

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used bobs drill of using the right toe, narrower stance for short putts wider for longer putts. I've never putter so well, it's made a big difference to my game.