Loft and Lie

fripnchips

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been meaning to get my loft and lies checked for a while now as feel more comfortable in my swing and it was 18 months since I was fitted. Was at the range on a whim yesterday so got them to have a look for me. They were all over the place so much so my 7 - 4 irons had a total gap of 4*

Couldn't believe how much they have moved I do play a fair amount but I wouldn't say I bash my clubs about in anger or anything.

The difference whether its just mentally (that I think they're right) or whatever was crazy. Felt like I was striking the ball the best I have in as long as I can remember.

Will definitely be getting them checked more regularly now.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been meaning to get my loft and lies checked for a while now as feel more comfortable in my swing and it was 18 months since I was fitted. Was at the range on a whim yesterday so got them to have a look for me. They were all over the place so much so my 7 - 4 irons had a total gap of 4*

Couldn't believe how much they have moved I do play a fair amount but I wouldn't say I bash my clubs about in anger or anything.

The difference whether its just mentally (that I think they're right) or whatever was crazy. Felt like I was striking the ball the best I have in as long as I can remember.

Will definitely be getting them checked more regularly now.

Yikes! What clubs are they?!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice bats!

That's incredible, I heard somewhere that forged clubs can move a bit but didn't realise it could be that severe. I bought mind second hand so don't know what kind of treatment that got (they were in great nick though) - I was toying with the idea but it's on the to do list before the season starts for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You will probably find they was off from the get go. my Friend is a club builder and he has alot of customers take brand new sets of clubs to him for checking. Apparently nike are the best for tolerance.
My new ping 'i ' irons needed alot of adjustment. Nothing too serious apart from my 6 iron being 3 degrees too strong

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I can certainly vouch for the fact that getting them dynamically set works wonders!

Not only regular use - particularly on the range - can move them - particularly forged ones - but they can also be out right from the start! My Mizuno MP30s, supposedly a set, were great except for the one 'bogey' club. That (6i) turned out to be virtually the same loft as the 5i and 4-5* different to the other clubs lie!

Once 'tuned' to my swing, that club actually became my favourite!

I suspect the 8i is actually a rogue setting in my spare set, as it shows similar 'bogey club' characteristics, so will be interested to get them checked soon too!

UlyssesSky

Head Pro
Visit site
You will probably find they was off from the get go.

^^This.

Custom fit OEM clubs get built to your specs, but to the same tolerances as the off-the-shelf sets. So unless you got to a club builder who assembles the clubs himself using components he bought, I wouldn't expect the club's specs to be spot on.