Lockdown garden swing videos

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Depends w
Little bit more practice this weekend, feels like it's becoming more comfortable. Can maybe have 3 goes each concentrating on a particular thing with progress, just difficult to pull them together all at once.
Anyway here's one from today
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3f1Qt9yqpWVqSaKZ7

Getting better, the angle of attack is much flatter

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Hoping (but not expecting) that this would be the last in "lockdown"

Amongst other things being trying to reduce the over-swing a bit and reduce the coming out of shape at the top a bit.

Sorry about light, weather a bit grim.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xKn2Y9EXJG297pqw8

The gizmo widget has me consistently at "half down" point, as inside but face open. So all things equal I guess that's heading for a push fade. Although I suspect there is still some manipulation going on between there and impact (old habits).

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hoping (but not expecting) that this would be the last in "lockdown"

Amongst other things being trying to reduce the over-swing a bit and reduce the coming out of shape at the top a bit.

Sorry about light, weather a bit grim.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xKn2Y9EXJG297pqw8

The gizmo widget has me consistently at "half down" point, as inside but face open. So all things equal I guess that's heading for a push fade. Although I suspect there is still some manipulation going on between there and impact (old habits).

Here's something you can try....
At the end of your swing, your club shaft is almost in line with your shoulders (Red line)
Try and feel the shaft pointing more down your back rather than across it (blue line)
Maybe try a half speed swings at first

8888.jpg

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been working hard on speed training over the lock down.

Got a great deal on a speed stick. Really think its helping with tempo too. :)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today, started with a bucket of 20 balls on the range. I was worrying that I had not grooved the right thing in the back garden. This was dispelled in the first 5 balls as the flight and line were good. Contact was good with the divot after the ball. I have not hit 5 and 6 irons so consistently for a few years .. I am wondering should I get a 4 iron ??!
Driver was okay as well, I thought I was pulling it a bit but I checked my aim and I was just banging it in that direction. There seems to be more energy when I hit the ball, noise seems to have improved.
On course all was well, but I did struggle with my fairway woods initially where I was topping and pulling. But managed to calm that down and started to really get them going.
So thank you for highlighting my issue, suspect I have a tendency to creep back to over the top. So videoing and reviewing would be a good habit to get into!

BubbaP

Visit site
With talk of delaying of easing of restrictions for those of us in them, and posts of net purchases or people digging them out, I wondered if it was time to revisit this thread.

For a bit of fun, this is me trying to set a record for the number training devices in use at the same time ? Plenty to keep working on!
Taken yesterday, it snowed earlier this morning.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5XevMfE9uxrDtnH69

Stay safe all & have fun

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With talk of delaying of easing of restrictions for those of us in them, and posts of net purchases or people digging them out, I wondered if it was time to revisit this thread.

For a bit of fun, this is me trying to set a record for the number training devices in use at the same time ? Plenty to keep working on!

Stay safe all & have fun
Watch ethan’s videos as well they really are good to see the body movement.
I videoed my swing and it made me realise I need to come back further to straighten my arm at the top to generate speed.

BubbaP

Visit site
Watch ethan’s videos as well they really are good to see the body movement.
I videoed my swing and it made me realise I need to come back further to straighten my arm at the top to generate speed.
Guess you mean the Athletic Motion Golf vids - Ethan's too busy on the coronavirus thread to have time ?
Yeah, have pushing my hands away from body on the long list ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been on the phi golf last couple of days due to the weather. Swing speed testing and trying to implement some of the AMG stuff. Average has increased by the same amount as peak. But the face angle and path angle need to have a bit more control. I will try in the net but really need to see the flight also will try and correlate with the G80 and phi sensor to understand speeds

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Stay safe all & have fun
I hate to say this but you look totally unnatural now, as if you're trying to get everthing right and forgetting to hit it.
2 things I have suggested seemed to have been lost or forgotten so I will repeat...
In the picture below, you will see the red line where your shaft is on the follow through. Try and get your shaft on the blue line with a neutral backswing

890-jpg.29932

At the end of your swing, your club shaft is almost in line with your shoulders (Red line)
Try and feel the shaft pointing more down your back rather than across it (blue line)
Maybe try half speed swings at first
8888-jpg.30607