Lockdown garden swing videos

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Novice at this, so might not work
Video
For some reason V1 Golf seems to flip them upside down, so had to use an app to flip back. Plus the sun hadn't made it around the big trees.

Anyway if it does, thick skin applied, happy to take banter and of course constructive comments from those qualified and those just well meaning ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Novice at this, so might not work
Video
For some reason V1 Golf seems to flip them upside down, so had to use an app to flip back. Plus the sun hadn't made it around the big trees.

Anyway if it does, thick skin applied, happy to take banter and of course constructive comments from those qualified and those just well meaning ?

Lovely smooth swing that mate, a smidge rising and falling maybe but who the **** is after a perfect swing anyway (y)

Btw, where the heck is The Coach, ain't seen him here in ages.

BubbaP

Visit site
Lovely smooth swing that mate, a smidge rising and falling maybe but who the **** is after a perfect swing anyway (y)

Btw, where the heck is The Coach, ain't seen him here in ages.
Cheers fella, yes totally agree on the rise n fall. I've draw the lines on the V1 and I can move up on the last part of the backswing (which probably too long).
I'm trying to work on some changes and so swinging even more slowly than usual, probably usually less smooth!

BubbaP

Visit site
Right, probably a random irritation post in here, dug out my old proper camera. Had to borrow the wife's laptop (work one now prevents these sorts of devices attaching). Installed a video editor. Plenty of faffing about trying not to chop feet/ball, head etc. In the end just keen to have something (although still not fully in frame).
I probably need as much advice on this recording/playback, the camera is capable of some highish fps but don't think I'm seeing it. Anyway, and breathe...

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
New short post ?

Take 2

I'm certainly no expert, but the only thing I can see I a that you don't seem to have enough left side bend.
This is an area I'm working on and annoyingly/disappointingly has NEVER been addressed by ANY Pro I've seen ?
Check out the 2 videos below.

The takeaway looks good with the club head outside the hands

Enjoy

BubbaP

Visit site
What have you been working on?
Okay, starting point was a very DIY swing with the typical fan and way inside takeaway, with a horrible upper body move towards the target to initiate the downswing.
Have worked to neutralise the takeaway but would still see it flatten later in the back swing, and then have a steep down swing.
Have been trying to reverse that so steeper back and shallower down.

BubbaP

Visit site
Went back out later with driver, haven't done that in a long time. Thinking this garden time would be good to try to stopping "hitting down" so much.
Super frustrating as was consistently coming from the outside. Did eventually manage a few near the end but the vid I thought I took didn't save, so just have one from a bit earlier.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1xJCXqZzRZpGZ4Qf8

Probably a good job we have a few more weeks in the garden ? lots to work on.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My concern is how easy it would be to take it onto the course.
I don't know how inside your backswing was but I think if you want to be shallower into impact, being above plane(steep) on the backswing isn't helping.
As Garry says, if you want to hit a fade all day that's fine but I don't think you want that.
I do think your backswing has gone too far outside.
My advice would be a more neutral backswing.
In the picture below, you will see the red line where your shaft is on the follow throuh. Try and get your shaft on the blue line with a neutral backswing

890.jpg