Lockdown garden swing videos

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I hate to say this but you look totally unnatural now, as if you're trying to get everthing right and forgetting to hit it.
2 things I have suggested seemed to have been lost or forgotten so I will repeat...
In the picture below, you will see the red line where your shaft is on the follow through. Try and get your shaft on the blue line with a neutral backswing

At the end of your swing, your club shaft is almost in line with your shoulders (Red line)
Try and feel the shaft pointing more down your back rather than across it (blue line)
Maybe try half speed swings at first
Thanks for taking the time Bob, and sorry if I offended your eyes ?
To be fair knowing we're not on the course for a while I was deliberately doing some feel vs. real stuff while I had the tablet out to record - so yeah agree lots of positions. Generally my swing speed has crept up a little when I let it "flow" though, and average path seems improved. Thanks for the reminder on the end swing positions, will revisit. To help with the way my brain works, is that a thought/feeling to dissuade from exiting low left, reduce flipping? Cheers

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time Bob, and sorry if I offended your eyes ?
To be fair knowing we're not on the course for a while I was deliberately doing some feel vs. real stuff while I had the tablet out to record - so yeah agree lots of positions. Generally my swing speed has crept up a little when I let it "flow" though, and average path seems improved. Thanks for the reminder on the end swing positions, will revisit. To help with the way my brain works, is that a thought/feeling to dissuade from exiting low left, reduce flipping? Cheers

I'll reply tomorrow when the Reisling wears off (y)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep, definitely counts with sub zero temperatures outside!
Have you hit the picture yet?

Only once!

I can work on a parallel to parallel swing inside, which is where I am weak, so it is pretty ideal really.

Hopefully Bob doesn’t have too many horrible things to say about the swing!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Only once!

I can work on a parallel to parallel swing inside, which is where I am weak, so it is pretty ideal really.

Hopefully Bob doesn’t have too many horrible things to say about the swing!

Only two. :whistle:
1. It's not a full shot so doesn't need a full stance.
I'd narrow the gap between your heels to about 3-4 inches

2. It's not a full shot so no need to hold the grip at the top,
grip down to the bottom of the grip to give you more control....like this old man.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Only two. :whistle:
1. It's not a full shot so doesn't need a full stance.
I'd narrow the gap between your heels to about 3-4 inches

2. It's not a full shot so no need to hold the grip at the top,
grip down to the bottom of the grip to give you more control....like this old man.

Thanks @bobmac , they don’t seem like two difficult changes to make, will try out tomorrow.

I know there is no front on view, but I usually feel like I cock my wrists really early on these half swings, almost as if that’s my first move. On this swing I “felt” like I was keeping my wrists a bit more fixed, is that the right thing to be doing?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks @bobmac , they don’t seem like two difficult changes to make, will try out tomorrow.

I know there is no front on view, but I usually feel like I cock my wrists really early on these half swings, almost as if that’s my first move. On this swing I “felt” like I was keeping my wrists a bit more fixed, is that the right thing to be doing?

It depends on the length of the shot.
Cocking the wrists increases the swing speed so better for the longer chips.
Stiff wrist (putting stroke) is better for the short chips

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been locked indoors on the Phigolf, I know I said I doubted it’s accuracy but it’s proving an entertaining distraction.
My 8 yr son started wanting to have a go so I set him up in a clear space. He got really into it and recorded a driver head speed of 83mph and 215 yards ... awesome ?

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Same here - I use phigolf mainly to increase my swing speed and I know the stats can be a bit off but just increasing speed should help when back to the course. Have you seen the price they're going for on Ebay - many for £250+

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same here - I use phigolf mainly to increase my swing speed and I know the stats can be a bit off but just increasing speed should help when back to the course. Have you seen the price they're going for on Ebay - many for £250+
Brutally honest I was going to flog mine as I was disappointed with it. But it’s been okay.. and I might regrip it to something more normal. But now I might watch eBay as well .. do you think I could sneak a skytrak past the wife??

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have noticed something and I am sure someone will say well yes you muppet, but an iron head speed on the mat seems to be faster than off the turf ... I will admit my lawn is no fairway ( it has semi rough length) (oh and moss is perfect for me!! )

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site