Lockdown garden swing videos

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here’s my effort! I have a sloped garden with 4 tiers, hence the weird angle and awkward stance. First club was a chip n run into a plant pot in its side, the second club is my lob wedge into a washing up bowl. Any comments welcome!

Oh, and I really need to learn how to smile or at least not frown so much! ?

Did they both go in :)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here’s my effort! I have a sloped garden with 4 tiers, hence the weird angle and awkward stance. First club was a chip n run into a plant pot in its side, the second club is my lob wedge into a washing up bowl. Any comments welcome!

I recommend flip flops !

Challenge the dress code, get in touch with the ground. Let’s you feel your balance ... but means you can slip them on and off easy when going out the door.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Any tips for lag ? Or just to get more delay in wrist release?
I have noticed I don’t have a huge amount of angle at impact and I possibly could be losing before driver impact due to the forward position of the ball.

It's tricky to increase lag without a good pair of eyes watching and things can get messy if you try it on your own.
When the thing has gone, go and see your local pro.
A change of driver shaft may help

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

How far away were the targets?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's tricky to increase lag without a good pair of eyes watching and things can get messy if you try it on your own.
When the thing has gone, go and see your local pro.
A change of driver shaft may help
Yes I will, I cannot get the speed down at the critical moment to see in the video. I definitely don’t have as hinged a wrist as the pros but I cannot see when it actually disappears.
I was also wondering is it possible to have the ball too far forward and the lag to have been used up before impact? I do have a tendency to let it creep to far forward

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok. 2 things.

1. Precarious stance ?
2. You look uncannily like a bald Liverbirdie. It’s spooky ?

Very precarious, it’s a 5 foot drop!

Did they both go in :)

Erm, 1 or 2! I keep getting a bad bounce, need to have a word with the green keepers!
I recommend flip flops !

Challenge the dress code, get in touch with the ground. Let’s you feel your balance ... but means you can slip them on and off easy when going out the door.

It was a bit chilly for flip flops yesterday, will certainly give them a go, au naturale!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Around 20-25 feet I’d say. Here are a couple more where you can see the result but not so much of the swing itself. Try and upload some better ones in the next few days...

Here's a drill I've used for years for chipping.

Set up a shaft/broomhandle/whatever on 2 baskets/flowerpots/whatever as below and try and chip the ball UNDER the shaft.
When you get it right, the ball will go OVER the shaft

Note the narrow stance, ball middle and hands and weight forward a touch

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Set up a shaft/broomhandle/whatever on 2 baskets/flowerpots/whatever as below and try and chip the ball UNDER the shaft.

Great stuff, will give it a go. Is that head cover part of the drill too? Does that narrow stance and hands/weight forward help generate some spin? I always feel that I ‘lift’ the ball with the club, if that makes sense?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Great stuff, will give it a go. Is that head cover part of the drill too? Does that narrow stance and hands/weight forward help generate some spin? I always feel that I ‘lift’ the ball with the club, if that makes sense?

The back headcover encourages a steeper takeaway and therefor a steeper dowswing.
You might want to use some sort of mat or you'll be digging up your grass.
You should never feel like you're lifting the ball when chipping. Hit it down and it will go up

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The back headcover encourages a steeper takeaway and therefor a steeper dowswing.
You might want to use some sort of mat or you'll be digging up your grass.
You should never feel like you're lifting the ball when chipping. Hit it down and it will go up

On that note, I’ve just bought a sample of astro turf off eBay for £4, it’s only 15mm x 15mm, might help encourage me to hit down rather than sweep? Either that or I’ll miss it altogether! ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try this drill, miss the headcovers

Just been out trying this, does it make sense if I said I get less contact with the lead head cover when a relax my right hand ... as in my fingers still are gripping but a release my thumb and rest it

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You may be right hand dominant but as long as you're missing the front headcover, the path must be getting more neutral
Yes I think so but will keep on this. Need to really see it down the range the air balls do feel a little more energetic. But it will take some time

Sully

Visit site

Really useful video , thank you.

I've been practising chipping all day, you make it looks so effortless and its something i find so hard to do right. I keep feeling like I'm lifting the ball then i know i should be striking down on it.

Back to it tomorrow .