Local Elections 2019

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The increased seats for lib Dems and green are a red herring.... They've got these as a protest vote, nothing more, nothing less.

A general election would have the Tories kicked out.... A shake up of our politics is so very badly needed.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Love May... "These were always going to be difficult elections for us" says Prime Minister Theresa May, "but it was a bad night for Labour too"

.. she is happy that Labour got a drubbing as an explanation for why they got a kicking

D

Deleted member 18588

The increased seats for lib Dems and green are a red herring.... They've got these as a protest vote, nothing more, nothing less.

A general election would have the Tories kicked out.... A shake up of our politics is so very badly needed.

According to the BBC if yesterday's voting patterns were replicated in a General Election Labour and the Conservatives would each receive 28per cent of the vote.

Can't, therefore, see either party pushing for an early vote.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
According to the BBC if yesterday's voting patterns were replicated in a General Election Labour and the Conservatives would each receive 28per cent of the vote.

Can't, therefore, see either party pushing for an early vote.

Aside from listening to the proverbial bull *** that our politicians come out with, listening to the latest polls is up there with them as well especially the neutral BBC polls.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You get used to PR after a while and realise it is a much fairer way of voting.

An example would be in the Scottish Parliament many of the Labour and Tory MSP's have never won a public vote.
One notable Tory front bench loudmouth [spokesman/person] is now in his 11 year at Holyrood without ever winning or even standing for election. Claiming over half a million £££££s in salary
Neil Hamilton is a Welsh mp under the same system. Never elected, simply proposed by his party. Dreadful 🤬🤢🤢

D

Deleted member 18588

Aside from listening to the proverbial bull *** that our politicians come out with, listening to the latest polls is up there with them as well especially the neutral BBC polls.

This isn't an opinion poll but is based purely upon the actual votes cast yesterday.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is it a big swing to Remain parties or a protest vote against those that haven't delivered Brexit? Depends on what spin you want to put on it I suppose. Maybe the EU elections in a couple of weeks time will give a better indication of a swing to Remain.

Definite swing to remain - can’t imagine anyone dismayed that the Tories haven’t yet delivered Brexit would vote for parties that want to stop Brexit.

Brexit party will sweep up at Euros I expect, Remain vote is too splintered.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Definite swing to remain - can’t imagine anyone dismayed that the Tories haven’t yet delivered Brexit would vote for parties that want to stop Brexit.

Brexit party will sweep up at Euros I expect, Remain vote is too splintered.

I think you're confusing what a local councillor can do about Brexit. Voting for a Libdem councillor in Chipping Sodbury will achieve diddly in terms of sorting out the mess that is Brexit. However, what has just happened is a massive wake up/bloody nose to those that should have delivered Brexit.

But picking up on your "massive swing to Remain." Its long been trumpeted that the majority now want Remain, and we've just seen a massive swing to Remain yet you say the Remain vote is too splintered and the Brexit party will sweep the Euros. Sounds like Brexit still has huge support.

I'm getting a mixed message from you - help...

D

Deleted member 18588

It is, but it’s so insignificant a statement for the BBC to make. Its just not worth commenting on.

Don't know about that.

You can usually find some comment to make whatever the subject.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't know about that.

You can usually find some comment to make whatever the subject.

Our good lady Mayor is no longer our Mayor, she got beat by two votes by the third choice Labour candidate. Not happy about the result and since yesterday I now know so much more, so am gonna start a petition to have another vote. Joking aside, your right you can find some comment to make, but sometimes especially in this day and age of social media people are losing the ability to think for themselves. Yes opinions matter, but that is someone else's opinion based on there personal situation. Not necesarily mine.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t expect much would be different Tories would still get the most votes

Did enjoy this little tweet

UKIP (ultra brexit) -70% 💀 Perceived racist nasty party

CON (hard brexit) -25% 🤯 Party in power that has not done what it said it would

LAB (sneaky brexit) -10% 🤬 Party in opposition that have prevented what the people voted for

LD (Remain) +110% 😆 Other party listed on the ballot to vote for

GRN (Remain) +550% 😂
Hahah a party that has no influence on preventing what the people voted for

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Meanwhile in Cheshire East.

The Tories have lost overall control for the first time EVER. LOL
The Tory woman voted to be the next Mayor of Macc lost her seat so a new Mayor has to be found by 22nd of May. LOL.

What was is 1300 + seats lost by the Tories. Who said it's not about Brexit? YOU ARE WRONG!

I spoilt my vote, but won't be doing in the Euro Elections. Come on Nige !!!!!

Oh and Corbin will go quiet on the General Election shout.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So we are going to spend £150 million on Euro Elections and the elected MEPs may not even sit in the Euro parliament. :-(