Live scoreboard apps

Lydo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi I'm having a golf day with a group of mates from work and was wondering if there was any apps out there that we can use to track our scores during the game. I remember hearing about something like this a while back but can't find anything on the android market.

Thanks in advance.

calluma11

Club Champion
Visit site
Not wanting to create a duplicate thread, I'm in the same boat.
On Android, looking for a live scoreboard sort of idea.

Ie,
Player A is (net) -1 thru 4 holes.
Player B is (net) +2 thru 4 holes etc.

There will only be 4 of us going out together, but the handicaps will be very varied, so I'd like a running status of where we are at in strokeplay.

I've googled the hell out of this.. Gamebook not available on android, neither is VPAR. Mscorecard looked okay, but the strokeplay doesn't work quite right and the main focus is stableford points (which we aren't bothered about)

May have to end up creating a spreadsheet but that's not half as glam!

Thanks
Callum

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not wanting to create a duplicate thread, I'm in the same boat.
On Android, looking for a live scoreboard sort of idea.

Ie,
Player A is (net) -1 thru 4 holes.
Player B is (net) +2 thru 4 holes etc.

There will only be 4 of us going out together, but the handicaps will be very varied, so I'd like a running status of where we are at in strokeplay.

I've googled the hell out of this.. Gamebook not available on android, neither is VPAR. Mscorecard looked okay, but the strokeplay doesn't work quite right and the main focus is stableford points (which we aren't bothered about)

May have to end up creating a spreadsheet but that's not half as glam!

Thanks
Callum

A card generally allows for 4 players, add a pencil and your good to go.

calluma11

Club Champion
Visit site
That's all well and good, but when I'm off 22 and the others are over 28, it'll be a little difficult.

I want a real tournament feel to the match (the first of what will be an annual cup, hopefully with more players next year)

I don't want to belittle my mental maths, but to calculate a 'live' net score relative to par thru x holes could slow our pace of play down a bit. Coupled with the fact we have some side games thrown in, we don't want to hold up people behind

The app would be a good test run for future use, and possibly a corporate day at work later in the year (not organised by me, but the organiser is interested to see how an app would work out and plug the leaderboard into a tv in the clubhouse)

Thanks
Callum

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I did a golf day at Stoke Park where such a system was used, we had to download an app and register - all brilliant until I couldn't get a signal at the venue!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did a golf day at Stoke Park where such a system was used, we had to download an app and register - all brilliant until I couldn't get a signal at the venue!

Exactly, a pen and pencil and the ability to subtract the par from the gross score gives you your score against par, ie par 4, shots taken 5 = 1 over par. It aint rocket science.

calluma11

Club Champion
Visit site
Exactly, a pen and pencil and the ability to subtract the par from the gross score gives you your score against par, ie par 4, shots taken 5 = 1 over par. It aint rocket science.

That's fine when all 4 players are off scratch. I made it clear in both my previous posts we wanted net scores relative to par. To do that for 4 players, 22hcap and over 28hcap is time consuming.. There's so many posts about slow play I don't want to add another reason.

I just wanted to know if there were any apps available for android that meet my needs, if there isn't, that's fine. I'll leave that idea alone - I thought it would be good to add that bit more fun to our competition. After all, isn't that what golf is about?