Lithium battery

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes leads attached. Trolley still works with old battery.
Did you charge the new battery up before use, and if so did you notice the charger light showing it was charging?
Have you checked the leads connected to the new battery are good? Sometimes when they crimp a terminal connector onto a lead they crimp onto the outer sheathing rather than the copper cable.
If the terminal crimping is correct, I would suggest the battery is no good, so it's "just" a case of contacting them and arranging a new one and yours sent back.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
If you can get to a golf club and try your new battery on somebody else’s trolley, always plenty of motorcaddy trolleys coming past. Then try their battery on yours, you will find out if it’s the trolley or battery at least.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Might be teaching you to suck eggs, but have you checked the battery for an on/switch? You wouldn’t be the first (or last) to make such a basic error?

I’m not admitting to anything here - honest ?

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Might be teaching you to suck eggs, but have you checked the battery for an on/switch? You wouldn’t be the first (or last) to make such a basic error?

I’m not admitting to anything here - honest ?

I've actually seen this happen to a friend, he felt a bit of an idiot when he was told about the switch. It wasn't me... honest! :cool:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Maybe there's something in the circuitry detects a non Motocaddy battery and therefore not all connections are made...
Good way to tie you I to replacing with the real thing.....

Would be surprised at that. I have an old S1, I replaced the original lead battery a couple of times with different lead batteries, and finally with a 3rd party lithium, that has been working fine for over 5 years.

Mike58

Visit site
Did you charge the new battery up before use, and if so did you notice the charger light showing it was charging?
Have you checked the leads connected to the new battery are good? Sometimes when they crimp a terminal connector onto a lead they crimp onto the outer sheathing rather than the copper cable.
If the terminal crimping is correct, I would suggest the battery is no good, so it's "just" a case of contacting them and arranging a new one and yours sent back.

Mike58

Visit site
Sorry for the silence people. Speaking to power bug, it would appear that the battery is incompatible with my trolley even though they claim it was on the advert. Battery has now been returned and awaiting refund. Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.