Lithium batteries

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without the data in front of me I wonder how many cars have combusted due to electrical faults. I’d reckon it’s more than due to battery.
Well I don’t trust data and facts in the media.

My mates a fireman and he told me a EV battery fire is probably the hardest thing to put out.

To much spin and outright lies now I don’t know what to belive anymore.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Well I don’t trust data and facts in the media.

My mates a fireman and he told me a EV battery fire is probably the hardest thing to put out.

To much spin and outright lies now I don’t know what to belive anymore.
Basically buy good mainstream brands and you‘re likely to be ok.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is much of this fire risk not also down to the type of battery.

My understanding from reading up was that e-bikes and the like use high density batteries that are prone to thermal runaway where other, less demanding devices use less energy dense batteries.

I think it’s Li-Po and Lifpo4 but can never remember which was round it is.

I don’t think a small motored PK is going to need a high density batter to cover 36 holes.

Oddly, the media don’t seem to be reporting this distinction for some reason and make it sound like all lithium batteries pose the same risk.

Genu9

Visit site
Don't agree.
The battery in an EV is the most expensive part of the car, you think manufacturers are just going to throw them away?
Ev batteries are being re-cycled for home storage, charging stations and new batteries.
And as for Freemantle Highway....

"Peter Berdowski, CEO, Boskalis Salvage Company told local Dutch press that the 500 EVs are among the 1,000 vehicles that “seem to be in good condition” and are “perfectly movable”.
Re Freemantle Highway. Note use of words like, 'seem, thought, suggesting' when they are reporting. Doesn't anybody know?