Links Golf...in April?????

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where I play the ground is, well I was going to say baked, but not baked but bone dry. Even cracks in the fairways! Saturday we were dropping balls in short of the green and watching them bounce on the green (when we did good shots). Then once on the green, watch the balls roll out 5 meters, in utter disbelief. Wow...in April! Then the weather forecast this week is dry and warming up!!!!!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Where I play the ground is, well I was going to say baked, but not baked but bone dry. Even cracks in the fairways! Saturday we were dropping balls in short of the green and watching them bounce on the green (when we did good shots). Then once on the green, watch the balls roll out 5 meters, in utter disbelief. Wow...in April! Then the weather forecast this week is dry and warming up!!!!!

Easterly winds will dry out a course faster than a spell of scorching hot weather.

We have some pretty bad forest fires in East Ayrshire at present.

D

Deleted member 21258

Yeah had an east wind for a lot of the time for quite a time, a cold drying wind.

Did some weeding at the weekend and the garden is crazy dry for this time of year, going to have to start watering the new hedge I planted over winter this week. Grrrr

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It was the same at our course at the weekend. I was playing a lot of bump and runs on the approach to the green, something I wouldn't normally do at our course but it is so dry now (a great relief after the horrible weather of 2017) that you have to think a little more about the shots you are playing.
Strong winds and sunshine at the moment which will only dry the course out even more.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Easterly winds will dry out a course faster than a spell of scorching hot weather.

We have some pretty bad forest fires in East Ayrshire at present.

yep very very dry here. We had torrential rain In Inverness for 3 day3 a little over a week ago, bits of Torvean were like a swamp. now its bone dry

D

Deleted member 3432

Silloth is the same, dried out very quickly but needs some rain once the wind switches back to prevailing direction and some warmth to get the grass growing again.