Lightning strikes twice!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
So this weekend I was playing in our TP leader final, 36 holes over the two days. Points gained from the monthly medals gain qualification and was the first time I'd qualified. I was really excited and playing well as the season is drawing in.

Think the nerves and excitement got to me a bit and carded a nett 76, putting me mid table with the leader on 67. Didn't play great but managed to scramble round.

Head out on Sunday 9 shots a drift so just aiming to hold my ground and post a respectable score. Nope have a blinder, 6 under hcp on the front and head onto my nemesis back nine. Feeling god and loose today so anything can happen. Dropped a couple of shots but scrapped a few back to finish 7 under with a nett 64!

Putting the scores in I'm clubhouse leader by 9 shots. Keep myself calm as the higher scores went out first so nothing major. As each group came in I was still leading and I'm getting super excited. Last group in and the overnight leader has had a mare! Could it be I finally land a board comp?

Nope. Last guy in shot level and beat me by 1 shot! Gutted. Twice in 3 weeks I've come second in a major! On the positives I been cut 2.8 and know there's a game in there somewhere! Just left cursing some of the silly shots I left out there!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
After my constant 0.1 rises I managed all the way to 28. A small cut recently to 27.2 followed by another 0.1! Then this weekend has me cut to 24.5.

Not much to play for handicap wise this season, stableford in 2 weeks and that's about it, the rest are scrambles, greensomes and amam.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well done me man, I said the other week when someone was in the same position. Pick up a couple of shots. He drops some ( pressure) and bobs your uncle. That happened. A pal of mine said last year when playing in a ko company. Even if you have a bad hole, " just keep goin".

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After my constant 0.1 rises I managed all the way to 28. A small cut recently to 27.2 followed by another 0.1! Then this weekend has me cut to 24.5.

Not much to play for handicap wise this season, stableford in 2 weeks and that's about it, the rest are scrambles, greensomes and amam.

Well done!
If you can get away Friday afternoon you could show off your new handicap in the Men's Open at Ullesthorpe, still one place left in the 1.50 tee time along with Fish, GG26 and myself.
(Although I have removed the reserved from the remaining place so it could be filled by another if you're not quick!)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So this weekend I was playing in our TP leader final, 36 holes over the two days. Points gained from the monthly medals gain qualification and was the first time I'd qualified. I was really excited and playing well as the season is drawing in.

Think the nerves and excitement got to me a bit and carded a nett 76, putting me mid table with the leader on 67. Didn't play great but managed to scramble round.

Head out on Sunday 9 shots a drift so just aiming to hold my ground and post a respectable score. Nope have a blinder, 6 under hcp on the front and head onto my nemesis back nine. Feeling god and loose today so anything can happen. Dropped a couple of shots but scrapped a few back to finish 7 under with a nett 64!

Putting the scores in I'm clubhouse leader by 9 shots. Keep myself calm as the higher scores went out first so nothing major. As each group came in I was still leading and I'm getting super excited. Last group in and the overnight leader has had a mare! Could it be I finally land a board comp?

Nope. Last guy in shot level and beat me by 1 shot! Gutted. Twice in 3 weeks I've come second in a major! On the positives I been cut 2.8 and know there's a game in there somewhere! Just left cursing some of the silly shots I left out there!

Well played and congrats on the cut. Perhaps if you had felt god for a little bit longer he could have put the winners tee shot on 18 into the clag or OOB. ;)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done!
If you can get away Friday afternoon you could show off your new handicap in the Men's Open at Ullesthorpe, still one place left in the 1.50 tee time along with Fish, GG26 and myself.
(Although I have removed the reserved from the remaining place so it could be filled by another if you're not quick!)

Would love too but working in a school I can't take time off.