Lie angles - Stupid question time with Pics

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was bored last night and decided to take some pics of my clubs lie angle at address.

I have recently changed Irons and Wedges and felt that they looked a little wrong, especially in comparison with my old set of Adams XTD's

IMG_7982.jpgIMG_7983.jpgIMG_7984.jpg

No i know that there is a difference between static and dynamic lie, however how much can it vary? I have really been hitting a few thins with my new Cobras and a few with the Wedges. Could this be the cause?

Im defo going to get booked in for a fitting ASAP, was just curious about the cause = effect of being to upright (if any).

Also i will be taking the time to remove that unsightly sticker from my tumble dryer.......although this is a lower priority than the clubs:D
Cheers

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The cobra isn't sitting flat on its sole so looks strange the way you have taken the picture, if the thins are due to the clubs then it is more likely to be a difference in length or swingweight rather than lie imo

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stupid question for you, but they are like-for-like irons aren't they?

(EG 7 iron from both sets)

Good question

No

The cobra is a 6 iron

Adams is a 7 iron

Wedge is a 56

I assumed (probably incorrectly) that regardless of loft the lie "Should" be uniform throughout the set?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Good question

No

The cobra is a 6 iron

Adams is a 7 iron

Wedge is a 56

I assumed (probably incorrectly) that regardless of loft the lie "Should" be uniform throughout the set?

The longer the club, the flatter the lie will be.

If you row your iron set up with the soles flat to the floor, you will see the lie angles change through the set. Wedges most upright, long iron flattest.

At address the toe of an Iron should sit up a little, from memory, enough to slide a 2p coin about 1/3 of the way from the toe to the heel.

Dynamic lie is much more important IMO.

Are the Cobra the sae length as the Adams?

Have the Cobra or Adams been previously bent to fit?

When was the last time the lie angles were checked on wither set?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The cobra isn't sitting flat on its sole so looks strange the way you have taken the picture, if the thins are due to the clubs then it is more likely to be a difference in length or swingweight rather than lie imo

Should just add

The picture was taken on a timer, with the club at address in my hands. So these picture are as true to my static position

Hope that makes it clearer?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
far more importantly have you registered for your free guarantee????

find somewhere with a strike board and hit some shots, wont take long to know if they need adjusting

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The longer the club, the flatter the lie will be.

If you row your iron set up with the soles flat to the floor, you will see the lie angles change through the set. Wedges most upright, long iron flattest.

by flattest, do you mean more parallel to the ground? if so i would appear to be the opposite

At address the toe of an Iron should sit up a little, from memory, enough to slide a 2p coin about 1/3 of the way from the toe to the heel.

I could fit a roll of pound coins under that Cobra ha

Dynamic lie is much more important IMO.

Are the Cobra the sae length as the Adams?

1/4 inch longer from memory

Have the Cobra or Adams been previously bent to fit?

Adams have not for sure. Dont know about the Cobras as they were bought via a club pro on Ebay. I would hazard a guess its a possibility

When was the last time the lie angles were checked on wither set?

As above

Answers above pal

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers everyone

Though i was hoping you would have collectively told me that the my thinned shots, were catagorically the fault of the club....

:D

Ill get them checked the morra

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Booked in at lunch tomorrow with the guys down Chilli dip golf in Bolton.

Never had a loft n lie check. Interested to see how accurate the lofts are too

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site